Search
Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

privacy, shared note, 3.3.0, formatting, married, name, bug reporting, 2.0, blank screem, add missing death, bug, styles, custom modules, timeout, 3.3.3, divorce, resources, danish, lists individuals families, survey, slideshow, not married, contact links, redirect, children, internal messaging, feedback, links, margin, ID notes, BURI, last change date, nickname, autocomplete, multiple marriages, clippings cart, performance, icons, tab, ID facts, library, edit, simpl_grey, age, HTML variables, block, 2.0.2, DIV, tree, googlemaps, blocks, widget, server, pages, Georgian, logout, fatal error, version, re-order, stories

Topic:   White page – upgrading!  

This topic contains 36 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jacoline 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
    • Author
      kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1660 posts

(but sigh – I have to redo all the modules – they are empty after the upgrade)

Not necessarily. Give me more details. There might be an easy answer (tomorrow).

Nigel
      My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info

jacoline
      Participant

466 posts

I made them manually – but at my main page I will have a lot – so if you have a fix for this I would be happy. Otherwise I have to do it manually too

Regards,
      Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of:
      www.jaconelli.dk/webtrees, www.jaconelli.dk/history, www.familien-johnsen.dk(submenu) and danish support at www.host-siden.dk/sandbox and facebook

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1660 posts

You have two problems:

1 – because your custom language file prevented access to the site, the changes that should have been made to your database failed, so it will now contain a mixture of old and new modules. Some settings need to be deleted, some need to be renamed.

2 – your modified modules need to be fixed (the WT_WEBTRESS > WT_KIWITREES issue), then they can be moved from the old modules_v3 folder to the new modules_v4 (this is described in the upgrade instructions). But you can not do this until the database is fixed.

This is why the instruction to remove ALL custom files before upgrading was there. All these things are automatically done for you IF there are no custom files.

You mentioned having a backup at the start of this thread. Is this a backup of the database? If so, drop the current database, and put the old one back in place. Do NOT change the files though, only the database. Make sure that there are still NO custom files among them. Then visit your site. It will re-start the automated DB changes for you.

That will fix anything related to re-named modules (original simpl_pages, simpl_privacy, simpl_research and all “Fancy_xxx” modules.
      Now, check your site. Everything EXCEPT your custom files and modules should be working. So next follow this upgrade instruction:

Once your site is back up and running correctly, albeit without your custom modules and files, you can proceed to make a simple change to your customisations then re-instate the files.
      In each file near the top, just below the copyright statement, look for block of code like this:

if (!defined('WT_WEBTREES')) {
      header('HTTP/1.0 403 Forbidden');
      exit;
      }

Simply change “WT_WEBTREES” to “WT_KIWITREES”, save your file, and upload it back to it’s original location.

For your custom modules, the change is the same but you will probably only find that section of code in files named “module.php”. Once that change is made copy your custom module(s) to the new “modules_v4” folder.

If you do not have a backup of your database, then it gets messy. Quicker for me to fix it for you than to explain it, so send me access codes to your server.

Nigel
      pab
      pab
      Participant

111 posts

If you use a historical facts file eg histo.en_GB.php then this needs changing since it has the line with WT_WEBTREES

Penguins Are Boss

Apache 2.4.33; MariaDB 10.2.14; PHP 7.2.4 (display_errors Disabled)

https://bootesgowland.info

1 user thanked author for this post.
      kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1660 posts

If you use a historical facts file eg histo.en_GB.php then this needs changing since it has the line with WT_WEBTREES

Thanks. Yes that’s right. I class that as a “custom file” as it’s not part of the standard kiwitrees download.

Nigel

jacoline
      Participant

466 posts

I have a daily backup of both. Server files and db. I will try to replace the current db with the db backup from 2 days ago. But it seems I can not have my main at php7.1. It still has these:

ERROR 8: A non well formed numeric value encountered
      0 Error occurred on line 79 of file functions_print.php in function print_pedigree_person
      1 called from line 147 of file module.php in function getBlock
      2 called from line 3704 of file Stats.php in function _getFavorites
      3 called from line 3714 of file Stats.php in function gedcomFavorites
      4 called from line 134 of file Stats.php in function getTags
      5 called from line 149 of file Stats.php in function embedTags
      6 called from line 82 of file module.php in function getBlock
      7 called from line 84 of file index.php

Regards,
      Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of:
      www.jaconelli.dk/webtrees, www.jaconelli.dk/history, www.familien-johnsen.dk(submenu) and danish support at www.host-siden.dk/sandbox and facebook

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1660 posts

That is correct, sorry. The upgrade instructions have this message:

NOTE regarding PHP 7.0+. From version 3.3.0 kiwitrees is fully compatible with PHP 7.0. It is NOT yet fully compatible with PHP 7.1, but the next release will be. The minimum version of PHP is also changed in version 3.3.0 to PHP 5.6.

Nigel

jacoline
      Participant

466 posts

That is correct, sorry. The upgrade instructions have this message:

NOTE regarding PHP 7.0+. From version 3.3.0 kiwitrees is fully compatible with PHP 7.0. It is NOT yet fully compatible with PHP 7.1, but the next release will be. The minimum version of PHP is also changed in version 3.3.0 to PHP 5.6.

Well then I can save the upgrading at my main. Cause I do not have any space left! Taking too long time to move for nothing 🙂

Regards,
      Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of:

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1660 posts

Well then I can save the upgrading at my main. Cause I do not have any space left!

That makes no sense!

The size of PHP 7.1 is almost the same as 7.0. See http://www.php.net/downloads.php
      If you think they are different on your web server you should ask your web host why. They should not be different.

Nigel

jacoline
      Participant

466 posts

I replaced the database and getting the same errors about the fancy modules. No data at oldenburg!

And I still have to redo my pages. It gives a header error even that I replaced wt_webtrees in the code!

Regards,
      Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of:

jacoline
      Participant

466 posts

I replaced the database and getting the same errors about the fancy modules. No data at oldenburg!

And I still have to redo my pages. It gives a header error even that I replaced wt_webtrees in the code!

I have 20gb room at my server. I have used 19.988888888gb. I can not do anything without errors. I have to delete something else or pay for more. And I will not since I can just move some of it for php7.1

Regards,
      Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of:

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1660 posts

I have 20gb room at my server. I have used 19.988888888gb. I can not do anything without errors. I have to delete something else or pay for more.

In Administration > Site configuration > Site logs you can display all (no filters) then click “Delete”. This should empty that table and probably save a large amount. If you are unable to do this in admin, you can do it in phpmyadmin. Just empty the whole table. It will not matter much to lose these entries.

Also in Administration > Site access you can click on “Delete” in the bottom half. That might also give you a lot more space. DO NOT try to do this one in phpmyadmin – you risk locking your site completely of you delete the wrong records!

Then check you media folder. Perhaps you have large images than can be made smaller without loss of detail?

Nigel

jacoline
      Participant

466 posts

It is not at my db but room for files. Yes I can redo alot of media. I have more than 6000 media files. No way I want to spend time doing this!

I just wait for next release at my main before I upgrade! I get errors when I try to upload a file. If the upgrade just use 100kb more than vs. 3.2 then I will get an error. Im not going to try to take the risk having a half upgrade!

Regards,
      Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of:

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1660 posts

At present you will need to disable Fancy Image bar. I can see there is a bug in it. I will fix this as soon as I can.

The problem with “Descendants” is different. Your “Tudor” page runs normally. Only the “Oldenburg” one does not. That suggests there is a problem either with the data, or your server cannot handle the size of that page.

Nigel

jacoline
      Participant

466 posts

Here in previous version and you will see there is no problem there! http://host-siden.dk/kiwitrees/module.php?mod=fancy_treeview&mod_action=show&rootid=I1262

And the fancy image bar does not work at firefox – but seems okay at crome and edge. If this help

Regards,
      Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of:

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.