Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

Search and replace, admin, time, address, Georgian, googlemap, 3.2.1, slideshow, add_asso_facts, administration pages, simpl_grey, follow, BAPM, pop-ups, type, 3.3.1, surname, upgrade, release, merge, mobile, logs, lists, MAC, php 7, flags, cookie, batch update, updates, php 5.6, edit interface, index, responsive menus, design, title, translate, pdf, census, Canada, abbreviate, pages, close, NCHI, login failure, calendar, illegitimate, privacy, advanced, custom, access level, children, inactive, widget, F.A.B., contact, spouse, REFN, 3.3.0, json, immigration

Tagged: 

Topic:   The medialist – mystyle  

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jacoline 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author

jacoline
      Participant

479 posts

I do not know why you changed the design of the media list. Before it had a background! How can I make a background in mystyle? I only managed to have background in part of it. Looks like a table in a div!

Regards,
      Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of:
      www.jaconelli.dk/webtrees, www.jaconelli.dk/history, www.familien-johnsen.dk(submenu) and danish support at www.host-siden.dk/sandbox and facebook

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1595 posts

Which part do you want to add a background to?

I can see that you have this in your mystyle.css:

#medialist-page .media-list-data {
          background: #E6FFC7 repeat scroll 0% 0%;
      }
      #medialist-page .pagination {
          background: #E6FFC7 repeat scroll 0% 0%;
      }

A couple of issues:
      1 – you are just adding a colour, so you don’t need repeat, or positioning etc. Just use the tag “background-color”.
      2 – you are making life far too complicated targeting multiple small elements.

Try removing those and just put:

#medialist-page {
          background-color: #E6FFC7;
      }

If that’s not what you want, you’ll need to be more specific (preferably a picture?).

Nigel
      My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info

jacoline
      Participant

479 posts

Thank you!
      It was excactly what I wanted. ๐Ÿ™‚ I might need to edit the font for the link to another color ๐Ÿ˜›
      And also ty for the hint of repeat ๐Ÿ™‚

Regards,
      Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of:
      www.jaconelli.dk/webtrees, www.jaconelli.dk/history, www.familien-johnsen.dk(submenu) and danish support at www.host-siden.dk/sandbox and facebook

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1595 posts

I might need to edit the font for the link to another color

To do that you should first decide if you want the whole site to use a different colour for links, or just the media list page.

Colors theme sets all links, for all palettes the same, with this code:

a {
          color: #333;
          text-decoration: none;
      }

Then in a few places it does change it, for example to use white text where links are on a coloured background (for example – menus):

.makeMenu li a {
      color:#fff;
      }

This is in each palette.

So in a similar fashion you could either:
      1 – change the default for the whole site. That would not change the menus or any other specific change.

a {
          color: #0000ff; 
      }

2 – change it just for the media list page:

#medialist-page a {
      color:#fff;
      }

You will probably need to experiment with these to get the right result. Remember, you can also add underlining and different effects on hover / active / states etc. (http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_links.asp )

Nigel
      My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info

jacoline
      Participant

479 posts

Only want it for medialist ๐Ÿ™‚

Thank you ๐Ÿ™‚

And thank you for making this ability – I am really happy for this ๐Ÿ™‚

Regards,
      Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of:

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.