Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

descendants, Histo, github, Themes change, cousin tab, MYSQL, charts, media, fancy tree view, calendar.php issue, 3.3.0, zend, tab, 1939 Register, html, dropbox. token, 3.1, request, family facts, 3.0.0, php 5.6, 3.3.3, family, access level, gettext, survey, mobile, white screen, 3.2.1, Search and replace, missing data, relationships, ID notes, CREM, Default record, performance, IE11, PHP, age, research tasks, source, users, image, ckeditor, pop-ups, Administration, login failure, autocomplete, tree, googlemap. modified, kiwitrees-nova, Advanced search, I18N, GEDCOM, places, transifex, add, prefix, Google Maps, release

Topic:   Tables import  

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by kiwi kiwi 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      macalter
      macalter
      Participant

462 posts

my old SQL tables used kiwi_ as the prefix. I’d like to change when I import to new server. Or is it complicated? Not sure to ask you or web host.

-----
      [updated: 01 Apr 2018]
      MacOS: 10.11.6  (El Capitan)
      Safari  11.1;  Firefox 59.0.2

PHP 7.1 Fast CGI
      mySQL server: 5.1.56

Kiwitrees:
      "The Royals 3.3.3 (03)" <royals.rbcsolutions.ca>

"Rebbes of Ger 3.3.3 (03)" <private>

"Uncle Ummie's Journal 3.3.3 (03)" <private>

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1636 posts

It’s very easy (assuming you have access to the database, and preferably using PhpMyAdmin). But there are TWO things you must do. Either one on its own will render your data (temporarily) unavailable.

Before you start, log out of kiwitrees, and close its window in your browser.

1 – Change the prefixes. In PhpMyAdmin select all the tables (there is selection option below the list of tables to “select all”). Then in the “with selected:” drop-down there is an option to “Replace table prefix”. Fill in the required details, click ‘continue’ and the job is done.

2 – Now you must tell kiwitrees about the change. For that you must edit the file /data/config.ini.php. SImply alter the line containing the table prefix to match the updated prefix and save it.

Nigel
      My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info
    Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.