Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

Themes change, IE11, translation, contact links, new feature, mobile, style, admin, time, cookie, simpl_pages, NCHI, prefix, locked out, data errors, multiple marriages, surname, event, BAPM, .mo, logout, theme, footer, mail, husband, autocomplete, dates, latest version, emmigration, advent, icons, 3.2.2, google, repo, statistics, MYSQL, contacts, kiwitrees theme, 500, php 7, image, datatables, pop-ups, administration pages, not married, merge, help, delete, BURI, danish, sanity, widget, responsive menus, upgrade, editor, fancy tree view, add missing death, marriages, media_links, internal messaging

Topic:   Strange error by using ASSO  

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by kiwi kiwi 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author

jacoline
      Participant

411 posts

I have used these at husbond:
      2 ASSO @I2524@
      3 RELA beneficiary
      2 ASSO @I3878@
      3 RELA beneficiary
      2 ASSO @I3879@
      3 RELA beneficiary

If I do not fill out af date for death then the fact is placed at the middle (see image)

Regards,
      Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of:
      www.jaconelli.dk/webtrees, www.host-siden.dk/history, www.familien-johnsen.dk and danish support at www.host-siden.dk/sandbox

Attachments:
      kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1449 posts

The Death event on that image has a blue box round it. That means the edit has not been accepted. Try accepting it and see if that changes the display.

I have had a look at your site. The ASSO entries you added to the husband of this individual seem OK. But they are added to his Probate event, not death, so I do not understand why you think the two things are related.

When an event does not have a date, the system does attempt to calculate a likely date to use for sorting. It might be that in this case it is looking at the husbands date of death in error – but I cannot see anywhere in the code this could happen.

Nigel

My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info

jacoline
      Participant

411 posts

Mr. Pedersen is dead. He has a probate with date and text. His heir is his wife so I made an ASSO at his page. Since I do not know when the wife died – her death record is empty. But I know when they got married. So when I look at her page (because of the ASSO at her husbond) her death record now appears before ex. their marrige. If I remove the ASSO at the husbond – her dead record will appear at the bottom as it should!

No matter if I accept the change it is the same result. Also same result for anybody else I have added with ASSO.

Regards,
      Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of:
      www.jaconelli.dk/webtrees, www.host-siden.dk/history, www.familien-johnsen.dk and danish support at www.host-siden.dk/sandbox

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1449 posts

No matter if I accept the change it is the same result. Also same result for anybody else I have added with ASSO

That is good. One possible cause eliminated.

I do understand what you are saying. This is why I said it might be looking at the husbands death in error. The calculation of estimated dates for event sorting is complex, so there is never a perfect solution to sort all facts perfectly when dates are missing. It is even more complex when applying inter-connected events such as ASSO. I find it best to always include a date, and I believe that if you know an event occurred, then you do also know enough to add an estimated date. If you add a date like AFT 1890 (or any date later than the last event you do have a date for) then her death will be in the right place.

Nigel

My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.