Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

7.2, editor, performance, address, census, source, research, duplicates, 3.1.1, family facts, simpl_research, simpl_pages, cookie, tabs, 7.0, GEDCOM errors, research tasks, batch update, road map, 3.2.1, backup, google, multiple marriages, fancy tree view, descendant, danish, click, translate, reports, session, last change date, pop-ups, FAQ, fatal error, MAC, default individual, marriage, margin, partner, merge, hover, admin, living, 2.0, login, html, googlemap, family fact, notes, pending, Search and replace, shared notes, contacts, getClientIp, links, 3.2.2, 3.2.0, birth, burial, xmas

Topic:   Stories  

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jacoline 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    • Author

jacoline
      Participant

479 posts

Any good idea for backup of stories?

(it is alot I have to copy/paste)

Regards,
      Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of:
      www.jaconelli.dk/webtrees, www.jaconelli.dk/history, www.familien-johnsen.dk(submenu) and danish support at www.host-siden.dk/sandbox and facebook

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1595 posts

Yes, backup your database. They are all in there.

Nigel
      My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info

jacoline
      Participant

479 posts

Nigel – remember I have to reinstall so not the answer I was looking for 🙁

Regards,
      Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of:
      www.jaconelli.dk/webtrees, www.jaconelli.dk/history, www.familien-johnsen.dk(submenu) and danish support at www.host-siden.dk/sandbox and facebook

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1595 posts

That’s where the data is stored, so there is no alternative if you don’t want to lose all the stories. I guess you could try just saving the tables that contain the module data (xx_modules, xx_module_privacy, xx_module_settings).

Your census problem is not (can not) be related to the database, so you should backup your database, re-install kiwitrees, then import the backup of your data into the new database. At the very least you should try that before you spend a lot of time doing anything else.

I say “Your census problem is not (can not) be related to the database,” with confidence because at the point your census display fails there has been no reference made to the database. No data has been received from it, nor sent to it.

Nigel

jacoline
      Participant

479 posts

Nigel I hear you but I allready did that with the test database with no luck. But now as reinstalled it is working! This is the reason I suggested it is in the database! This is spokey – I agree. And I do not think it is an good idea to import since we have no clue what is wrong.

Regards,
      Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of:

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1595 posts

I see no reason not to try importing the database. If it doesn’t work, just delete the database and run setup again. You have lost nothing by trying that first.

Nigel

jacoline
      Participant

479 posts

Right now I imported a backup to a database at my other domain. And the result is the same as I tried with the test database

Btw then it should also work if I removed everything from the server and uploading a fresh installation. But as you know it did not worked either.

Ill copy/paste the stories

Regards,
      Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of:

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.