Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

xmas, design, CHR, re-order, tabs, road map, timeout, media, address, Advanced search, .po, clipboard, white screen, prefix, errors, webtrees, calendar.php issue, sanity, statistics, performance, styles, burial, image, GEDCOM errors, googlemaps, help, themes, shared notes, merge, login, research, place, lists individuals families, birth, html, Histo, fancy tree view, Search and replace, surname, REFN, individual resource, F.A.B., custom, 2.0, Add a wife, partner, spouse, installation, menu, Extra menus, 3.3.0, title, BURI, backup, locked out, server, time, access roles, php 5.6, edit

Topic:   Statistics – logic for assuming individual dead  

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by clandav clandav 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      clandav
      clandav
      Participant

133 posts

Just spotted an oddity in the results of the Statistics module, which I have enabled on the Home Page:

In ‘viewing statistics as a graph’, I note that ‘ total living’ appears as 59.3%, ‘total dead’ as 40.7%. As only 20% of my individuals were born after 1900, this is clearly not a valid statistic; in fact I have a feeling it may be the percentage for whom no death has been recorded.Should the Statistics module not use the ‘age at which an individual should be assumed dead’ from the Family Tree Configuration – Privacy tab (where I have ‘106’ ) or is there somewhere else in Admin where I should influence the logic of the Statistics module?

Could you please clarify Nigel.

Thanks
      Ron

Ron in France
      kiwitrees 3.3.1; PHP 7.0.23; MySQL 5.6.37 ;

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1575 posts

Do you routinely use the Batch Update tool “Add missing death records”? This sets a 1 DEAT Y record for any individual not otherwise declared dead, and older than the ‘age at which an individual should be assumed dead’ setting.

It solves your issue here, and also has a positive effect on the speed of your system That is because calculating privacy is a complex and resource-hungry algorithm for any individual not declared “dead”.

Nigel
      My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info
      clandav
      clandav
      Participant

133 posts

{Do you routinely use the Batch Update tool “Add missing death records”?}

No – I have never used it – but will do so now.
      Many thanks.

Ron in France
      kiwitrees 3.3.1; PHP 7.0.23; MySQL 5.6.37 ;

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.