Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

gettext, tags, bug reporting, Themes change, mail, simpl_pages, wish, block, statistics, googlemap. modified, not married, 500, cousin tab, logs, privacy, default individual, progress, installation, emmigration, error, login failure, access roles, googlemap, style, blocks, google, googlemaps, administration pages, performance, individual resource, 3.2.1, data errors, validation, Relationship, html, married, dropbox. token, re-order, spam, flags, feedback, Favourites, Batch Updates, family navigator, slideshow, descendant, birth, 3.3.0, pdf, ASSO, Advanced search, click, updates, surname, custom modules, album, logout, backup, GEDCOM errors, nickname

Topic:   Source icon – color theme  

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jacoline 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
    • Author

jacoline
      Participant

398 posts

Any reason you have moved icon plus/minus from left to the right side of the source i color theme?

It looks good in kiwi theme with the arrows but not as plus/minus in the end of the line in colors. I suggest to use the same icon form from kiwi if it has to be in the right side. Otherwise I would wish it back where it was before ๐Ÿ™‚

Regards,
      Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of:
      www.jaconelli.dk/webtrees, www.host-siden.dk/history, www.familien-johnsen.dk and danish support at www.host-siden.dk/sandbox

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1431 posts

Any reason you have moved icon plus/minus from left to the right side of the source i color theme?

Yes, I think that on the left they look “odd” when you have a mix of one-line and multiple line sources (in other words some with the icon and some without).

What I haven’t (yet) investigated is if there is a way to make the positioning css-configurable. then different themes coulld have different answers. I’ll try to look at that before the next release.

I do however agree that all the older themes could use a complete re-write of icons. Many look very old-fashioned now.

Nigel

My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info

jacoline
      Participant

398 posts

Thank you Nigel,

At least you listen to the users more than I can say about others ๐Ÿ™

Let me know if you need my help in something!

Regards,
      Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of:
      www.jaconelli.dk/webtrees, www.host-siden.dk/history, www.familien-johnsen.dk and danish support at www.host-siden.dk/sandbox

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1431 posts

I’ve just had a quick look, and it might be easier than I thought.

In your mystyles.css add this:

.icon-plus,
      .icon-minus {
          float:left;
      }

This way all colors users don’t have to agree ๐Ÿ™‚

But please test it in as many different pages as you can, in case there are any that don’t work like this.

Nigel

jacoline
      Participant

398 posts

Thank you – but missing a space between icon and source text

And a very odd thing. I removed it again and the icon (plus/minus) totally disappeared. No matter which browser I used after and cache empty ect. So I putted it back in mystyle again!

Here is the reason I removed it (encl. file)

Regards,
      Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of:

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1431 posts

Fixing the space is easy. just add “margin: 0 5px;” in the same tag as the “float”.

The problem you have circled in that image really should not be possible, and is not possible when I do it.

Can you send me the mystyle.css file that is in place when that happens.

Nigel

jacoline
      Participant

398 posts

My mail act strange – You get it here:

Regards,
      Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of:

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1431 posts

Nothing wrong with that file – even though it is not what I asked. I wanted the file you thought was causing the missing tick highlighted by the red circle in your image.

But anyway. That is a completely unrelated problem. It is described with the fix in this topic: https://kiwitrees.net/forums/topic/add-media/#post-5857 (no need to read it all – just follow my instruction in that post #5857).

Nigel

jacoline
      Participant

398 posts

It was just that file and when I remove the

/* Kildeicon dropdown */
      .icon-plus,
      .icon-minus {
      float: left; margin: 0 5px;
      }

The icon is totally gone!

I use notepad++ and I have not edited in my color.css after upgrading. But removed the ===== and the tick icon is back. Very odd!

Regards,
      Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of:

jacoline
      Participant

398 posts

Problem solved – thank you Nigel!

Regards,
      Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of:

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.