Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

not married, charts, json, latest version, 3.1, special character, birth, privacy, ASSO, clippings cart, reports, CHR, Batch Updates, 3.2.2, configure, pdf, Require visitor authentication, multiple marriages, person, places, emmigration, googlemap, github, googlemap. modified, logout, upgrade, progress, sidebar, 3.1.1, contacts, Favourites, administration pages, 7.2, Advanced search, 2.0.2, sanity, sanity checker, autocomplete, theme, login, kiwitrees 2.0.2, family fact, abbreviate, 3.2.1, custom modules, getClientIp, danish, css, 3.3.1, check, button, follow, family, Support/Bug Reporting, last change date, dead, performance, library, Administration, batch update

Topic:   Site configuration > Languages  

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by macalter macalter 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      macalter
      macalter
      Participant

462 posts

For your new Kiwitrees-nova: languages aren’t in alpha order currently. Am setting up new install and thought you dropped Hebrew 🙂 So, thought I’d mention such.

IMHO, it’s easier to read down than across. But either way will help know which languages exist, for those doing new setups.

-----
      [updated: 01 Apr 2018]
      MacOS: 10.11.6  (El Capitan)
      Safari  11.1;  Firefox 59.0.2

PHP 7.1 Fast CGI
      mySQL server: 5.1.56

Kiwitrees:
      "The Royals 3.3.3 (03)" <royals.rbcsolutions.ca>

"Rebbes of Ger 3.3.3 (03)" <private>

"Uncle Ummie's Journal 3.3.3 (03)" <private>

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1643 posts

No reason for this to be specific to kiwitrees-nova, so I’ll move it to the standard support forum.

As it happens this was already “in progress” for both versions, solving both your issues.

Technically, the old list was sorted alphabetically – but by its native spelling, so Hebrew was near the end with other script-form spellings. But that aside, I agree it was not helpful.

The vertical sorting was not really possible (easily) until some recent browser (CSS) solutions became widely accepted. They now are, so I am moving these, and the similar layout of place lists, to a vertically based design for the next release of kiwitrees.

Try the attached replacement /admin_site_config.php and let me know how it is. (You may need to clear caches to see results)

Nigel
      My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info
      Attachments:
      macalter
      macalter
      Participant

462 posts

I figured something that seems low priority (“nice to have”) I’d put here 🙂 I can’t fathom what you’re doing to put the new version together!!!

-----
      [updated: 01 Apr 2018]
      MacOS: 10.11.6  (El Capitan)
      Safari  11.1;  Firefox 59.0.2

PHP 7.1 Fast CGI
      mySQL server: 5.1.56

Kiwitrees:
      "The Royals 3.3.3 (03)" <royals.rbcsolutions.ca>

"Rebbes of Ger 3.3.3 (03)" <private>

"Uncle Ummie's Journal 3.3.3 (03)" <private>

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.