Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

Favourites 3.0.0, Georgian, 3.2.2, tree, 2.0, tools, missing data, server, Administration, menu, My Page, Fancy imagebar, 3.3.3, seo, simpl_research, internal messaging, repo, clippings cart, random_media, 2.0.2, locked out, not married, release, installation, age, pages, editor, widget, pop-ups, living, surname, MYSQL, lists, errors, 7.1, IE problem, spam, census assistant, styles, permissions, mobile, themes, googlemaps, individual resource, time, advanced, error, reports, Search and replace, person, Advanced search, getClientIp, users, contact links, login, html, title, 7.2, 3.1, I18N

Topic:   Site configuration > Languages  

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by macalter macalter 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      macalter
      macalter
      Participant

462 posts

For your new Kiwitrees-nova: languages aren’t in alpha order currently. Am setting up new install and thought you dropped Hebrew 🙂 So, thought I’d mention such.

IMHO, it’s easier to read down than across. But either way will help know which languages exist, for those doing new setups.

-----
      [updated: 01 Apr 2018]
      MacOS: 10.11.6  (El Capitan)
      Safari  11.1;  Firefox 59.0.2

PHP 7.1 Fast CGI
      mySQL server: 5.1.56

Kiwitrees:
      "The Royals 3.3.3 (03)" <royals.rbcsolutions.ca>

"Rebbes of Ger 3.3.3 (03)" <private>

"Uncle Ummie's Journal 3.3.3 (03)" <private>

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1636 posts

No reason for this to be specific to kiwitrees-nova, so I’ll move it to the standard support forum.

As it happens this was already “in progress” for both versions, solving both your issues.

Technically, the old list was sorted alphabetically – but by its native spelling, so Hebrew was near the end with other script-form spellings. But that aside, I agree it was not helpful.

The vertical sorting was not really possible (easily) until some recent browser (CSS) solutions became widely accepted. They now are, so I am moving these, and the similar layout of place lists, to a vertically based design for the next release of kiwitrees.

Try the attached replacement /admin_site_config.php and let me know how it is. (You may need to clear caches to see results)

Nigel
      My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info
      Attachments:
      macalter
      macalter
      Participant

462 posts

I figured something that seems low priority (“nice to have”) I’d put here 🙂 I can’t fathom what you’re doing to put the new version together!!!

-----
      [updated: 01 Apr 2018]
      MacOS: 10.11.6  (El Capitan)
      Safari  11.1;  Firefox 59.0.2

PHP 7.1 Fast CGI
      mySQL server: 5.1.56

Kiwitrees:
      "The Royals 3.3.3 (03)" <royals.rbcsolutions.ca>

"Rebbes of Ger 3.3.3 (03)" <private>

"Uncle Ummie's Journal 3.3.3 (03)" <private>

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.