Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

NCHI, descendant, delete, login upgrade, ID notes, gettext, cookie, burial, transifex, descendants, add, pages, custom, media, Advanced search, duplicates, place, simpl_pages, calendar.php issue, IE11, mysql5.7, admin, xmas, getClientIp, not married, menu, emmigration, check, marriages, Fancy imagebar, dates, road map, Administration, tools, save settings, beta, mail, watermark, title, birth, fancy tree view, fact, googlemap. modified, sanity, album, set link, stories, merge, autocomplete, xenea, release, time, new feature, updates, contacts, default individual, access roles, datatables, 3.0.0 widgets, Support/Bug Reporting

Tagged: 

Topic:   Site access rules  

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  aslanukva 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    • Author

aslanukva
      Participant

112 posts

Site access rules white screen

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1431 posts

Look for an error message in your web server error logs.

Nigel

My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info

aslanukva
      Participant

112 posts

this error

Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘PDOException’ with message ‘SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1205 Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction’ in /var/www/noble/data/www/nobility.pro/genealogy/library/WT/DB.php:198 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/noble/data/www/nobility.pro/genealogy/library/WT/DB.php(198): PDO->exec(‘DELETE unknown …’) #1 /var/www/noble/data/www/nobility.pro/genealogy/admin_site_access.php(282): WT_DB::exec(‘DELETE unknown …’) #2 {main} thrown in /var/www/noble/data/www/nobility.pro/genealogy/library/WT/DB.php on line 198

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1431 posts

OK, that helps.

Your MySQL has a time-out setting that is too low for the delete operation. There are a number of possible solutions:

1 – Try referring this to your web host and ask if they can increase the mysql lock wait timeout. But I suspect the answer will be no.

2 – The problem probably happens because your site_access table is grown too large. So delete some entries manually from the database.

I suggest you try 1. first as it is the safest solution. If you delete the wrong rows you will lock yourself out of the whole site! Perhaps your web host will increase it just temporarily so you can then use the kiwitrees delete to correctly remove entries. (This is something that should be done every few months).

If you must try 2. then take care.

1. The table is xxx_site_access_rules
      2. ONLY delete rows that have the setting ‘rule’ = ‘unknown’. You can delete as many of these as you want.
      3. Do NOT delete any other rows.

Nigel

aslanukva
      Participant

112 posts

I will try to do what you said. Thanks a lot

aslanukva
      Participant

112 posts

happened! thank you
      Yet what tables need to be cleaned? that the site worked faster

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1431 posts

Yet what tables need to be cleaned? that the site worked faster

Cleaning the tables that can be cleaned will not make the site work faster. They are not ones used to display most pages.

Tables like site_access are rarely accessed so make no difference to normal use. slow site is more likely to be caused by lots of access to external resources (Google analytics, and any other similar add-ons). But you can test page loading speed with browser tools to find out what exactly makes your pages slow.

But it is still good to clean some tables a few times each year, just to avoid problems like today. So three other tables that grow are
      xx_site_logs. Clean this in Administration > Site administration > Logs
      xx_site_changes. Clean this in Administration > Site administration > Logs; and Administration > Family tree tools > Changes log.
      xx_gedcom_chunk. This is only used during GEDCOM import. So once import is done, this table can be emptied. You need to do this directly on the table.

Nigel

aslanukva
      Participant

112 posts

Thank.
      I did everything as the said

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.