Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

custom text, default individual, reports, translate, access level, inactive, message contactform, MYSQL, event, fatal error, follow, timeout, FAQ, illegitimate, Favourites, json, 3.2.1, html, googlemaps, redirect, language, GEDCOM errors, gallery, Default record, last change date, Administration, 3.1, edit interface, immigration, fancy tree view, research, ID notes, wish, watermark, charts, family fact, google, 2.0, notes, custom, edit, colors theme, CHR, administration pages, block, Require visitor authentication, bug, cousins, Relationship, googlemap. modified, edit options, mail, census assistant, surname, icons, feedback, Support/Bug Reporting, BAPM, colors, birth

Tagged: ,

Topic:   See the whole tree  

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by kiwi kiwi 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author

cgould
      Participant

3 posts

Hello! I was watching the various diagrams, and i did not find one that shows the family tree with all members . there any way to see it?

all based on the descendants of one person or can be changed ?

Thank you

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1449 posts

Hi

… based on the descendants of one person or can be changed ?

There are three that provide something like this:

• Descendants chart (Main menu > Charts > Descendants) – all descendants from a chosen individual.
      • Branches (Main menu > Lists > Branches – all descendants of a chosen surname
      • Interactive tree (Main menu > Charts > Interactive Tree OR individual page > Interactive tree tab) – all descendants AND ancestors of a chosen individual (click and drag with your mouse to reveal more levels left or right)

… one that shows the family tree with all members .

If you really mean ALL members, then I’m afraid the answer is no, such chart does not exist. It is not practical on a web server, where some trees might contain as many as 80,000 and more individuals! Of course it could be done for trees of only a hundred or fewer, but that’s not a useful way to write a programme. We must provide features anyone can use.

If such a chart is necessary I always recommend that you take a GEDCOM copy and import it into desktop software designed for that purpose.

Nigel

My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.