Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

married, place, resources, fatal error, custom, living, button, Relationship, marriage, error, research, Extra menus, Export/Import, burial, 3.2.2, birth, access level, cookie, Google Maps, margin, Batch Updates, event, Require visitor authentication, cousins, google, BAPM, partner, clippings cart, googlemap, Add a wife, 3.3.0, fact, 3.2.3, blank screem, add_asso_facts, cousin tab, data errors, prison, menu, batch update, help, upgrade, fancy image bar, media_links, users, json, colors, performance, CREM, census, shared notes, spam, edit, tools, survey, ckeditor, title, I18N, translate, responsive menus

Tagged: ,

Topic:   See the whole tree  

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by kiwi kiwi 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author

cgould
      Participant

3 posts

Hello! I was watching the various diagrams, and i did not find one that shows the family tree with all members . there any way to see it?

all based on the descendants of one person or can be changed ?

Thank you

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1547 posts

Hi

… based on the descendants of one person or can be changed ?

There are three that provide something like this:

• Descendants chart (Main menu > Charts > Descendants) – all descendants from a chosen individual.
      • Branches (Main menu > Lists > Branches – all descendants of a chosen surname
      • Interactive tree (Main menu > Charts > Interactive Tree OR individual page > Interactive tree tab) – all descendants AND ancestors of a chosen individual (click and drag with your mouse to reveal more levels left or right)

… one that shows the family tree with all members .

If you really mean ALL members, then I’m afraid the answer is no, such chart does not exist. It is not practical on a web server, where some trees might contain as many as 80,000 and more individuals! Of course it could be done for trees of only a hundred or fewer, but that’s not a useful way to write a programme. We must provide features anyone can use.

If such a chart is necessary I always recommend that you take a GEDCOM copy and import it into desktop software designed for that purpose.

Nigel
      My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info
    Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.