Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

stories, MYSQL, googlemap. modified, php 7, GEDCOM errors, research tasks, Georgian, timeout, autocomplete, person, design, kiwitrees 2.0.2, favourite, emigration, upgrade, MAC, github, clipboard, language, fancy tree view, feedback, margin, Advanced search, title, menu, 3.0.0, sanity, surname, check, slideshow, simpl_research, statistics, cookie, census assistant, not married, request, reports, Favourites 3.0.0, new feature, responsive menus, image, ID notes, icons, Support/Bug Reporting, F.A.B., webtrees 1.4.4.1, json, repo, 3.2.1, search, logout, batch update, GEDCOM, privacy, emmigration, Export/Import, release, message contactform, future, family fact

Topic:   Privacy configuration  

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jamesl 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author

jamesl
      Participant

22 posts

I have a problem with the privacy settings for my gedcom file – registered users (members) are not able to display details of living individuals.

I believe I have the default privacy settings for the gedcom, but here are the options I’ve used:
      Privacy options: enable
      Show dead people: Show to visitors
      Extend privacy to dead people: 0 0
      Names of private individuals: show to members
      Show private relationships: yes
      Age at which to assume a person is dead: 110 years.

I also have privacy restrictions concerning email address, Phone, Repository, Source, Social Security Number, Submitter and Submission.

Are there other configuration options which affect the display of living individuals?

James

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1443 posts

James

Are you certain this effects ALL registered users, or just some?

I ask because the setting you haven’t mentioned is on each user’s account settings: “Restrict to immediate family”. That would normally be set to “no” or no setting at all (displays “click to edit”). If it set to any other value, such as “1” it would limit their ability to see living individuals.

Nigel

My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info

jamesl
      Participant

22 posts

In fact, it was more basic than this – I hadn’t set the user’s ‘Role’ to ‘member’. I assumed that when users registered they would automatically become members.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

James

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.