Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

Batch Updates, language, Histo, widget, request, .mo, person, Favourites 3.0.0, kiwitrees 2.0.2, order, husband, pop-ups, googlemap, updates, Administration, 3.1.1, performance, resources, 2.0.2, 3.2.2, family facts, googlemap. modified, cookie, fatal error, new feature, messaging, lists individuals families, repo, custom modules, relationships, search, tab, surname, name, style, Add a wife, 1939 Register, Default record, responsive menus, wish, xmas, redirect, fact, mobile, album, shared note, googlemaps, road map, tabs, 3.0.0 widgets, media, marriage, locked out, html, simpl_research, merge, census assistant, session, hover, defacto

Tagged: 

Topic:   Privacy  

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by kiwi kiwi 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      macalter
      macalter
      Participant

544 posts

I changed privacy settings for my AD connections. When I visited the site, picked a dead person, I saw the top portion of their record: name, birth/death years (known) and was satisfied. I realized I couldn’t list people so set the List menu to visitors. Displayed Place Hierarchy and saw a mistake. I had typed 2003 as a place. So, clicked it. I was able to follow through and the list showed me the individual’s record that contained the error. (I’m not logged in.)

The person was born 1932. The 1 DEAT is actually set with a RESN of show to managers. How would her details show in the results?

-----
      Kiwitrees:
      "A-D connections 3.3.1"
      PHP 7.0 Fast CGI

"The Royals 3.3.1"
      PHP 7.0 Fast CGI
      mySQL server: 5.1.56
      MacOS: 10.11.6  (El Capitan)
      Browsers (mac): Safari  Version 11.0;  Firefox 55.0.3
      [updated: 22 Sep 2017]

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1496 posts

The person was born 1932. The 1 DEAT is actually set with a RESN of show to managers. How would her details show in the results?

The answer is in that statement. If she has a death record then she is dead, not alive, so visible to visitors.
      Adding the RESN doesn’t change fact of her death, only suppresses the details from view.

Nigel
      My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info
    Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.