Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

cookie, 500, 3.0.0, redirect, .po, 3.2.0, edit interface, FAQ, fact, getClientIp, design, logout, GEDCOM, multiple marriages, BAPM, menu, Georgian, github, 3.0.0 widgets, new feature, webtrees, media_links, flags, xenea, tags, set link, slideshow, advanced, last change date, php 5.6, login failure, add missing death, add, roadmap, data errors, googlemap, sidebar, click, bug, Export/Import, immigration, session, Require visitor authentication, danish, cemsus, fancy image bar, .mo, date, cousin tab, birth, backup, fancy tree view, kiwitrees theme, family facts, NCHI, login, sanity, CREM, php 7, ckeditor

Topic:   PLAC unknown  

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by kiwi kiwi 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author
      macalter
      macalter
      Participant

544 posts

i have record(s) where I entered “unknown” for place, by mistake. When I display the hierarchy and click “unknown”, I get error:

The requested URL /placelist.php&ged=theroyals was not found on this server.
      Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

-----
      Kiwitrees:
      "A-D connections 3.3.1"
      PHP 7.0 Fast CGI

"The Royals 3.3.1"
      PHP 7.0 Fast CGI
      mySQL server: 5.1.56
      MacOS: 10.11.6  (El Capitan)
      Browsers (mac): Safari  Version 11.0;  Firefox 55.0.3
      [updated: 22 Sep 2017]

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1496 posts

I don’t see that on your Royals site. If I go to Lists > Place Hierarchy I do see “Unknown”. But clicking on it goes to a valid page for the place “Unknown” with one coule listed as having married there: John DE LA POLE and Elisabeth PLANTAGENET.

Worth noting that the place in the Place Hierarchy list I am seeing is “Unknown” with a capital “U”.

If you have found a place called “unknown” (all lower case) this is more likely to be a completely missing place – with a structure like

2 PLAC Somewhere, , Some country

(note double commas where the missing place is.)
      These are easily found and corrected using Batch update > Search & Replace, setting the search type to “regular expression” and the search field as

2 PLAC .*, , .*

But where exactly are you finding this url “/placelist.php&ged=theroyals” ? Certainly that will cause an error, because as the error says, it has no place in it.
      A correctly formed URL would be “/placelist.php?parent%5B%5D=Unknown&ged=royals”

Nigel
      My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info
      macalter
      macalter
      Participant

544 posts

The error was from clicking the entry “unknown” in Place Hierarchy in order to find which record contained the entry.

-----
      Kiwitrees:
      "A-D connections 3.3.1"
      PHP 7.0 Fast CGI

"The Royals 3.3.1"
      PHP 7.0 Fast CGI
      mySQL server: 5.1.56
      MacOS: 10.11.6  (El Capitan)
      Browsers (mac): Safari  Version 11.0;  Firefox 55.0.3
      [updated: 22 Sep 2017]

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1496 posts

I don’t see an entry “unknown” in your Place hierarchy, only one called “Unknown”, which is quite different. The latter produces the url

http://royalty.woodengems.com/placelist.php?parent%5B%5D=Unknown&ged=royals
      Nigel
      kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1496 posts

OK, sorry, I’ve just found it. It’s at the top, the first item. I was looking for it alphabetically, so at the bottom 🙂 (I’s so much easier to find things in a list that wraps horizontally rather than a long vertical ribbon 🙂 🙂 🙂 )

That is, as I mentioned above, not a place called “unknown” but a completely blank / non-existant place. Hence why it is at the top of an alphabetic list.

Best way to find it is using Batch update, as described in my earlier reply.

Nigel
    Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.