Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

sanity, php 7, Favourites, privacy, relationships, colors theme, cookie, Export/Import, session, mobile, folder, html, 3.0.0, upgrade, roadmap, seo, xmas, message contactform, emigration, googlemaps, time, GEDCOM, F.A.B., blank screem, age, tags, Themes change, link, reports, updates, translation, family facts, release, ASSO, styles, gallery, administration pages, IE problem, follow, Histo, feedback, language, chart, danish, locked out, tab, flags, edit menu, xenea, design, gettext, batch update, ID facts, multiple marriages, delete, album, zend, events of close relatives, googlemap, check

Topic:   PHP  

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by kiwi kiwi 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      macalter
      macalter
      Participant

534 posts

Just starting process to upgrade kiwitrees (The Royals, first)
      Your notes indicate 5.6+ is okay yet the admin panel shows a note that my 5.6.29 is no longer supported and should be upgraded. I’m in queue with my web host about 7.0 and whether to upgrade. Your notes say it’s not necessary yet.

-----
      Kiwitrees:
      "A-D connections 3.3.0 (rev)"
      PHP 5.6.29 Fast CGI

"The Royals 3.3.0.."
      PHP 7.0 Fast CGI
      mySQL server: 5.1.56
      MacOS: 10.11.6  (El Capitan)
      Browsers (mac): Safari  Version 10.1.1 (11603.2.5);  Firefox 53.0.2
      [updated: 22 May 2017]

macalter
      macalter
      Participant

534 posts

Went for it. My “The Royals” is upgraded to PHP 7.0. Will see what happens as I go to version 3.3. I’m at 3.2 so just looking through for upgrade details first.

-----
      Kiwitrees:
      PHP 5.6.29 Fast CGI

"The Royals 3.3.0.."
      PHP 7.0 Fast CGI

macalter
      macalter
      Participant

534 posts

OOPS! I have 2 The Royals. One is obsolete hence my PHP query. The live one is version 3.2.3, will be taking down the old one. That said. the live one is now PHP 7.0.

-----
      Kiwitrees:
      PHP 5.6.29 Fast CGI

"The Royals 3.3.0.."
      PHP 7.0 Fast CGI

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1431 posts

Just starting process to upgrade kiwitrees (The Royals, first)
      Your notes indicate 5.6+ is okay yet the admin panel shows a note that my 5.6.29 is no longer supported and should be upgraded. I’m in queue with my web host about 7.0 and whether to upgrade. Your notes say it’s not necessary yet.

There are no contradictions there, if you study the words, and follow the link to the php page (from the Admin dashboard comment).

PHP 5.6 is no longer supported – by PHP – EXCEPT for security fixes which will continue until the end of 2018. Hence it is ADVISED to upgrade, but not REQUIRED.

Nigel

My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.