ForumAnnouncements
Authorkiwi
Last activity2 weeks, 1 day ago
StatusOpen
Replies0
Voices1
Actions
Tags

webtrees 1.4.4.1, census assistant, Search and replace, Favourites 3.0.0, media, message contactform, feedback, version, clippings cart, help, nickname, 3.2.2, access roles, validation, latest, 3.3.5, UID, release, library, wish, login failure, immigration, defacto, emigration, dead, notes, widget, person, inactive, repo, add_asso_facts, lists individuals families, fancy image bar, support, individual resource, seo, relationships, redirect, Themes change, simpl_grey, Advanced search, MAC, 3.2.3, 7.0, .mo, type, family fact, IE problem, batch update, footer, future, DIV, upgrade, 3.2.0, 3.3.1, bug reporting, danish, tree, Add a wife, husband

Kiwitrees on Twitter

Tagged: ,

Topic:   PHP version compatability  

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • Author
      kiwikiwi
      Keymaster

1846 posts

In the process of upgrading the statistics charts in the latest release (3.3.6), code has been used that is not valid for PHP version 5.6 or earlier. I was not clear about this when the release was announced.

Whilst it is possible to change this to ensure such backwards compatibility, I am very conscious of this statement from the developers of PHP:

The developers of PHP are no longer supporting PHP 5.6. There will not be any more security updates to PHP 5.6, there will not be any more bug fixes to PHP 5.6. You should not use PHP 5.6 (or any version of PHP 5) in a production environment. Jan 7, 2019

Therefore I have decided instead to declare that kiwitrees is no longer compatible with versions of PHP earlier than 7.0, with effect from release kiwitrees 3.3.6.

Nigel
      My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info
    Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.