Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

events of close relatives, slideshow, 3.1.1, image, bug reporting, webtrees 1.4.4.1, simpl_grey, MYSQL, husband, default individual, tab, charts, fancy tree view, 3.2.2, access level, mail, descendant, survey, date, dates, login, roadmap, NCHI, set link, 3.1, clippings cart, menus, mysql5.7, session, seo, version, clipboard, FAQ, 3.2.0, permissions, add missing death, icons, php 5.6, Fancy imagebar, translation, duplicates, dropbox. token, census, latest version, Require visitor authentication, hover, spouse, lists, Batch Updates, widget, HTML block, delete, My Page, gender change, data errors, library, multiple marriages, backup, ckeditor, 3.0.0

Tagged: 

Topic:   Performance issues  

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Derek 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author

Derek
      Participant

8 posts

Hi everyone,

My Kiwitrees site seems to be running very slowly. I’ve turned on stats in the footer, and found the following:

Viewing an individual’s page
      Execution time: 24.004 seconds. Database queries: 919. Privacy checks: 106. Memory usage: 12,544 KB.

Viewing the home page
      Execution time: 6.263 seconds. Database queries: 146. Privacy checks: 40. Memory usage: 16,384 KB.

In particular, the number of queries and execution time for viewing an individual’s page is very high. The site is located at http://familytree.derekjwhitten.id.au I’m running the latest version of Kiwitress (3.2.3).

Is it possible to see more detail on the execution time and queries being run? Any particular features which typically bump up page load times?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

My personal kiwitrees installation - http://familytree.derekjwhitten.id.au

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1431 posts

Hi Derek.

Just looked at your site, and the first person I looked at (I97) loaded in 0.364 seconds. So that makes it clear the issue is only when you are logged in.

I pretty sure I know the problem though. The new “Relationship” feature on the Families tab can be very resource hungry if you set it to show complex relationships. Review the three groups of settings in the “Families tab settings” section (Administration > Tools > Relationship). First try clicking “Do not show any relationship” for all three just to see if that solves the problem. Then if it does try the other options to see which you find acceptable in the balance between usefulness and speed. Personally I use the simplest setting “Find a closest relationship via common ancestors” for all three in this area.

For more information review the full FAQ (linked to on that administration page).

Nigel

My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info

Derek
      Participant

8 posts

Thanks Nigel, that seems to have made a difference. No options were selected on that page, and reading the FAQ it looks like this would have been the setting it was defaulting too so I’m not sure why saving the setting has made a difference to load times, but it’s definitely working better. I’ll report back if there are any further problems.

Thanks for your prompt reply!

My personal kiwitrees installation - http://familytree.derekjwhitten.id.au

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.