Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

CHR, set link, F.A.B., blocks, style, mobile, pop-ups, customising, Extra menus, NCHI, prison, census assistant, timeout, image, xmas, illegitimate, 2.0, CREM, missing data, Search and replace, fancy tree view, duplicates, Require visitor authentication, data errors, close, 3.1.1, relationships, dropbox. token, message contactform, descendant, survey, contact links, Batch Updates, 3.2.1, 7.2, 5.6, googlemap, backup, release, administration pages, webtrees 1.4.4.1, permissions, immigration, media, abbreviate, datatables, hover, custom modules, ASSO, edit menu, sanity, Georgian, My Page, calendar.php issue, search, googlemaps, kiwitrees 2.0.2, menu, lists, individual resource

Tagged: ,

Topic:   Next release of kiwitrees  

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by kiwi kiwi 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
    • Author
      kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1643 posts

The next release is almost ready, so I have uploaded a zip-file of the current .po files for translators who want to update their language before release.

I can wait about one week then I shall need to complete the release.

The file is available at:
      https://kiwitrees.net/services/simpl-add-ons/download-info/language-translation-files-po/

Nigel
      My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info

Grimpel
      Participant

42 posts

Good news!
      I’ll brush up the german translation this weekend.

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1643 posts

Great, thanks.

Did you see the other post, with link to change list and images of new features:

https://kiwitrees.net/forums/topic/kiwitrees-2-0/

Nigel

jacoline
      Participant

456 posts

I did go through the new feature list and I do have a wish

Your image bar that shows the new features way to small for an old woman like me and it would be great to see it in action (test) before I decide to install 🙂

Regards,
      Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of:
      www.jaconelli.dk/webtrees, www.jaconelli.dk/history, www.familien-johnsen.dk(submenu) and danish support at www.host-siden.dk/sandbox and facebook

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1643 posts

Yes, that’s a good idea. It can be troublesome to allow people to access and modify demonstration sites, but having asked you to register here I can provide some level of access for you to edit that using your email address as a way to get a password for it.

I will update that demo with all the new features in a day or two and let you know how to access them.

Nigel

Grimpel
      Participant

42 posts

@kiwi
      I sent the updated german translation file to you by email.
      Looking forward to 2.0, the new features and designs – thanks in advance!

Grimpel
      Participant

42 posts

Found some translation issues:

• no translation provided for recently added modules like Custom JavaScript, Simpl_duplicates …
      • within the interactive trees “b.”, “m.”, “d.” (born, married, died) are not translated
        Common german abbreviations are “geb.”, “verh.” and “verst.”
        Pretty long – maybe better * ∞ †
      • month names are not translated anymore (e.g. December, July)

Could you please update current .po files for translators?

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1643 posts

The latest .po files (with the additional items you mention) are already available in the downloads area. I uploaded them yesterday. Sorry they were not in the one you previously translated. They were a late decision.

Month names – not sure why they wouldn’t be translated. I will investigate further, but not before tomorrow.

Interactive tree abbreviations b,m,d. Yes they are a problem. They really cannot be translated effectively as the very concept of single-letter abbreviations doesn’t work in some languages. That is why they were never before included. They are used in order to save some space in that tiny chart. I see that Greg has overcome this by using the full words and larger boxes. Not sure I like that but I will look into it.

Nigel

Grimpel
      Participant

42 posts

Month names are not included in the de.po files anymore. I would prefer to work on the translation “in one go”, so I’ll wait for your investigations and decisions (single-letter abbreviations) before updating the german translation.

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1643 posts

Month names:

There was a problem compiling the .mo files I have discovered.

You can download a fresh set of language files here:
      https://kiwitrees.net/services/simpl-add-ons/download-info/language-zip/

Nigel
    Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Next release of kiwitrees’ is closed to new replies.