Authorjacoline
Last activity5 years, 3 months ago
StatusClosed
Replies5
Voices2
Participantsjacoline, kiwi
Actions
Tags

date, NCHI, add, emigration, 3.2.0, style, place, event, design, surname, editor, blank screem, calendar, 2.0.2, descendants, immigration, chart, php 7, 7.1, edit menu, emmigration, close, research tasks, Georgian, 3.3.6, request, click, hover, ID facts, 3.3.1, fixing errors, autocomplete, translation, family fact, REFN, GEDCOM errors, stories, IE11, colors, installation, 7.2, CREM, follow, dates, margin, dropbox. token, Fancy imagebar, edit, name, simpl_research, add_asso_facts, performance, URL, sitemap, menus, IE problem, update, colors theme, .mo, slideshow

Kiwitrees on Twitter

Tagged: ,

Topic:   New feature: relationship note???  

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • Author
      Participant

561 posts

I have played with this too and it shows up at IDs that do not belong to that fact – cause the dates control the event.

I found the file usefull if I can control it to be showned at the right IDs. And I did not know how to fix that ๐Ÿ™ so I tried to used the ASSO fact instead and here I found a stupid issue. I linked a decendant image and then this image went up at portrait (I know that I can edit the image not to be highlighted but then it will not be the portrait at the right ID.

Example for what I am trying to do:
      At ID 5786 I want the relationship to his decendant I24 showned like an info in someway. In the top or bottom with the picture of this decendant. Since this is just something I need to having control where all my IDs belong to which family – I found it useful just to click at this histo.xx.file. I know I can click at decendants tab – but then I have to click through all – down to the one I was looking for! (this is very needed for me – since I have so many different families into each other who in the end get married – ex. my exhusbonds father is actually related to my own fathers family 150 years back)

So any suggestions?

Regards,
      Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of:
      www.jaconelli.dk/webtrees, www.jaconelli.dk/history, www.jaconelli.dk/johnsen (familien-johnsen.dk)

kiwikiwi
      Keymaster

1846 posts

Histo.xx has nothing linking it to any individual and cannot have. It will display for all individuals who lived in the periods covered by the file. It does nothing more or less than that.

I do not fully understand what you want to do, but it cannot be done with the Histo.xx file

You will need to create completely new code to do that. I can only wish you luck with that, as I do not have time for any new projects this year.

Nigel
      My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info
      Participant

561 posts

Yes I found out I can not use that file ๐Ÿ™‚

All I want is an info who the decendant is (decided at me who the root is) placed in the top or bottom at the fact of a ID

Regards,
      Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of:
      www.jaconelli.dk/webtrees, www.jaconelli.dk/history, www.jaconelli.dk/johnsen (familien-johnsen.dk)

Attachments:
      Participant

561 posts

You are missing the third post I made about this ๐Ÿ™‚ (prolly made it after you moved this)

Suggestion:
      You should make a room for new features/reguest for new features and move this to that room ๐Ÿ™‚

Regards,
      Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of:

kiwikiwi
      Keymaster

1846 posts

You are missing the third post I made about this

Thanks. Now moved here.

Suggestion:
      You should make a room for new features/reguest for new features and move this to that room

Maybe, but I prefer to avoid the nonsense of constantly telling people they posted in the wrong place. I read every post and will discuss any suggestion, then move the best to the wish list on the Roadmap page. I’m afraid this one just doesn’t get me interested, and as I have to code it that matters enormously. ๐Ÿ™‚

Nigel
      My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info
      Participant

561 posts

Hehe I know what you mean.

Well at least I hope you will look at the problem with the image. That the asso image goes as highlighted at the ID where I linked the asso.

Ex:
      ID2 named TEST-A has a highlighted image.
      ID500 named TEST-B has no images at all. I connect ID2 as an ASSO and now ID500 has the before mentioned ID2s image as highlighed image.

Does not look good – having a face from a living on a ID that died 300 years ago and sex not even the same – LAUGH!

Regards,
      Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of:

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • The topic ‘New feature: relationship note???’ is closed to new replies.