Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

server, emmigration, abbreviate, transifex, .po, shared notes, hover, age, dead, contact, configure, album, 3.3.1 Notes, 3.0.0. setup, time, colors, responsive menus, edit interface, new feature, nickname, 3.2.2, My Page, permissions, white screen, calendar, inactive, request, order, search, formatting, contacts, mobile, Themes change, charts, children, fancy image bar, internal messaging, cousins, styles, individual resource, kiwitrees theme, pages, margin, GEDCOM, Administration, privacy, admin, flags, webtrees, Require visitor authentication, Canada, descendant, close, MAC, immigration, .mo, 3.3.1, watermark, edit menu, simpl_research

Topic:   NAME edit window  

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by kiwi kiwi 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      macalter
      macalter
      Participant

550 posts

With Name prefix and suffix fields now having auto-complete, it’s easier to enter the first/surname in those fields in error. Is it possible for these two to be shorter to maybe catch the eye before that happens?

I’m also finding (yes, on a Mac), I have to have the edit window extremely wide to not have the field titles wrap. Adds in covering up other open windows 🙁

-----
      Kiwitrees:
      "A-D connections 3.3.1"
      PHP 7.0 Fast CGI

"The Royals 3.3.1"
      PHP 7.0 Fast CGI
      mySQL server: 5.1.56
      MacOS: 10.11.6  (El Capitan)
      Browsers (mac): Safari  Version 11.0;  Firefox 56.0
      [updated: 07 Oct 2017]

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1545 posts

With Name prefix and suffix fields now having auto-complete, it’s easier to enter the first/surname in those fields in error.

That doesn’t exactly make sense. Are you actually using the autocomplete ? It only presents data that has already been recorded in the same type of field in the same family tree, so it must be almost impossible to accidentally select a given name in error.

Nigel
      My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info
    Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.