Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

data errors, timeout, custom text, research tasks, login upgrade, illegitimate, statistics, Canada, language, 3.2.1, kiwitrees theme, kiwitrees, GEDCOM errors, family, not married, login, multiple marriages, edit menu, check, FAQ, IE problem, fatal error, fancy tree view, library, themes, 2.0.2, edit interface, name, menu, design, icons, order, formatting, Batch Updates, individual resource, BAPM, media, type, children, xenea, Default record, wish, duplicates, mobile, bug, php 5.6, batch update, road map, Favourites, prison, Add a wife, Histo, nickname, validation, married, blocks, styles, family fact, message contactform, css

Topic:   Kiwitrees 3.1.0 PHP  

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by macalter macalter 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      macalter
      macalter
      Participant

550 posts

FYI: The upgrade is flagging PHP 5.5 already. Which I’m ignoring until your testing is complete for 5.6. Nice touch as I don’t have reason to necessarily check the most current version on my host panel and do the upgrade. This will remind me if I need to.

Other than that, thanks kiwi for your work. I upgraded in minutes and then brought over my Xenea theme images I like.

-----
      Kiwitrees:
      "A-D connections 3.3.1"
      PHP 7.0 Fast CGI

"The Royals 3.3.1"
      PHP 7.0 Fast CGI
      mySQL server: 5.1.56
      MacOS: 10.11.6  (El Capitan)
      Browsers (mac): Safari  Version 11.0;  Firefox 56.0
      [updated: 07 Oct 2017]

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1547 posts

The upgrade is flagging PHP 5.5 already.

Yes, that’s correct (check the link on the end of the admin message). You should get only a green warning, because maintenance fixes ended on 10 July (10 days ago). You won’t get a red warning until 10th July next year so its perfectly safe until then.

and then brought over my Xenea theme images I like.

Not sure what they are, but if they are referred to in either the xenea style.css or theme.php files then you should read Customising themes. Put your preferred images in their own folder (in the same place, but not the themes /images/ folder), then create new references for them in a mystyle.css file by copying the standard references and modifying them for your new location. That way you will never need to move them again as future updates won’t touch those files.

Nigel
      My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info
      macalter
      macalter
      Participant

550 posts

YES, it’s green. Just a thought – PHP information has it’s own place which doesn’t indicate it’s flagged as warning. May not remember to check both places…

PS: Thanks for the images tip. They’re “facts” images which Xenea displays. Will try the idea before I do my main site.

-----
      Kiwitrees:
      "A-D connections 3.3.1"
      PHP 7.0 Fast CGI

"The Royals 3.3.1"
      PHP 7.0 Fast CGI
      mySQL server: 5.1.56
      MacOS: 10.11.6  (El Capitan)
      Browsers (mac): Safari  Version 11.0;  Firefox 56.0
      [updated: 07 Oct 2017]

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.