Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

prefix, bug, themes, defacto, ID facts, ASSO, IE11, re-order, Batch Updates, survey, Extra menus, duplicates, configure, REFN, batch update, roadmap, request, admin, access roles, partner, 3.2.0, census assistant, My Page, date, default individual, redirect, php 5.6, resources, seo, family, add, login upgrade, blocks, Default record, translate, menus, relationships, icons, simpl_pages, calendar.php issue, custom, cookie, prison, BAPM, lists, advent, style, widget, time, HTML block, husband, installation, individual resource, GEDCOM, datatables, media_links, errors, translation, access level, ckeditor

Topic:   jacoline contact form  

This topic contains 14 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by macalter macalter 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
    • Author
      macalter
      macalter
      Participant

544 posts

(Starting new thread)

jacoline:
      I see your contact form is different that what I see in Color theme. Very nice. Would you be willing to share the *.php file code? What file did you duplicate/modify?

-----
      Kiwitrees:
      "A-D connections 3.3.1"
      PHP 7.0 Fast CGI

"The Royals 3.3.1"
      PHP 7.0 Fast CGI
      mySQL server: 5.1.56
      MacOS: 10.11.6  (El Capitan)
      Browsers (mac): Safari  Version 11.0;  Firefox 55.0.3
      [updated: 22 Sep 2017]

macalter
      macalter
      Participant

544 posts

jacolin:

Only was asking about how you changed contact form to be drop down instead of the 2 forms. What did you change and in what file?

-----
      Kiwitrees:
      "A-D connections 3.3.1"
      PHP 7.0 Fast CGI

"The Royals 3.3.1"
      PHP 7.0 Fast CGI

jacoline
      Participant

415 posts

The dropdown I have is something I have from my (joomla) main page (it is a frame from the contact module at jaconelli.dk) So you can not compare that one with the kiwitrees version

Regards,
      Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of:
      www.jaconelli.dk/webtrees, www.jaconelli.dk/history, www.familien-johnsen.dk(submenu) and danish support at www.host-siden.dk/sandbox and facebook

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1496 posts

Attached is a complete replacement colors theme for both of you. It includes the fixed menu icons, background colors for the new contact form, and removal of the footer contact links when the main menu version is enabled. Simply copy this over your existing colors theme folder as you would for a complete upgrade.

It does not fix the message bug jacoline reported. That can be avoided temporarily simply by not setting your user account for “Preferred contact method” to anything to either “mailto link” or “kiwitrees sends mail with no storage”.

I’m afraid I will not be adding the drop-down contact menu. It defeats the purpose of the revised contact page.

Nigel
      My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info
      Attachments:
      macalter
      macalter
      Participant

544 posts

WOW the timing is right on! I just upgraded my A-D site to 3.1 so will add this file. Will change the contact mode before adding this file. Then will add to royalty.

I don’t mind not having the drop down. Was just an observation of her design. I’m setting back to 1 contact anyway.

Thanks.

-----
      Kiwitrees:
      "A-D connections 3.3.1"
      PHP 7.0 Fast CGI

"The Royals 3.3.1"
      PHP 7.0 Fast CGI

macalter
      macalter
      Participant

544 posts

I added the new Colors folder to my Royalty 3.1 site. It’s set for 2 contacts (no reason other than to see it). The menu icon is the one I added and show displays which I like!!

I see the new form (Colors > coffeeandcream) when not logged in. When logged in, it’s not the same. The header “Please note” & 2 fields aren’t there (name & email) and the footer is there (please contact…)

-----
      Kiwitrees:
      "A-D connections 3.3.1"
      PHP 7.0 Fast CGI

"The Royals 3.3.1"
      PHP 7.0 Fast CGI

macalter
      macalter
      Participant

544 posts

Additional:
      I finished upgrade to 3.1 for my private A-D site. Added the fix for Colors. Set to Pink Plastic. Other than the email icon (I didn’t have one so yours shows), the behavior is as Royalty. The visitor contact is different than member/admin contact.

However, the footer is gone (as it should be)

-----
      Kiwitrees:
      "A-D connections 3.3.1"
      PHP 7.0 Fast CGI

"The Royals 3.3.1"
      PHP 7.0 Fast CGI

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1496 posts

If you are seeing your own icon (called contacts.png) AND you are seeing the contacts in the footer then you have NOT added the new colors folder, or have not done so correctly. Did you remove it from the zip folder?

1 – put a copy of your own contact.png menu icon some where safe – NOT in the colors theme at all. because you have used the same name as the standard image yours will be deleted by the new folder.
      2 – Copy the new folder ‘colors’ complete to replace your existing /themes/colors/ folder
      3 – Check that the new standard image appears in the menu and the footer contact links disappear.

Until you have achieved 3, do not do anything else. Once you get that far we can discuss using mystyle.css to replace the menu icon with your own

====================================================

I see the new form (Colors > coffeeandcream) when not logged in. When logged in, it’s not the same. The header “Please note” & 2 fields aren’t there (name & email)

This is normal (and has always been this way when using the footer links. The “please note…” info is of no relevance to a logged in user.

Nigel
      macalter
      macalter
      Participant

544 posts

Okay. for whatever reason the copy wasn’t clean. Your icon shows.

I think I raised subject before about wording. I’d like to customize. Was this something you were adding to your list (easy capability) or can it be done now?

-----
      Kiwitrees:
      "A-D connections 3.3.1"
      PHP 7.0 Fast CGI

"The Royals 3.3.1"
      PHP 7.0 Fast CGI

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1496 posts

Okay. for whatever reason the copy wasn’t clean. Your icon shows.

Do you want to change the icon to yours? I can give you instructions.

I think I raised subject before about wording. I’d like to customize. Was this something you were adding to your list (easy capability) or can it be done now?

What wording exactly

Nigel
      macalter
      macalter
      Participant

544 posts

1) Yes, would like my icon 🙂

2) The preamble wording for contact by visitor and the email address proviso.

-----
      Kiwitrees:
      "A-D connections 3.3.1"
      PHP 7.0 Fast CGI

"The Royals 3.3.1"
      PHP 7.0 Fast CGI

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1496 posts

1) Yes, would like my icon

1. Change the name of your own icon from contact.png to something else (I will use my_contact.png here, but you can use anything)
      2. Create a new folder in /themes/colors/ called my_images (it’s path will then be /themes/colors/my_images). Again, the exact name is not important. Put my_contact.png in this new folder.
      3. Create a file called mystyle.css in the /theme/colors/ folder.
      4. In that file add this code: #main-menu li#menu-contact {background: url(my_images/my_contact.png) no-repeat 50% 25%;}

Thats it.

2) The preamble wording for contact by visitor and the email address proviso.

Yes you can change those using Administration > Site administration > Custom translation. First read the FAQ (there’s a link to it on that page). You only need “Part One”. Ignore the much longer Part Two.

When you have read it go back to the custom translation page and have a go. You first need to select the language you want to use this for, remembering that if you use multiple languages you “should” translate it into all of them, which has to be done separately for each one.

The two translations you need to have in the left-side boxes (Standard text) are:

1 –

<b>Please Note:</b> Private information of living individuals will only be given to family relatives and close friends. You will be asked to verify your relationship before you will receive any private data. Sometimes information of dead persons may also be private. If this is the case, it is because there is not enough information known about the person to determine whether they are alive or not and we probably do not have more information on this person.Before asking a question, please verify that you are inquiring about the correct person by checking dates, places, and close relatives. If you are submitting changes to the genealogical data, please include the sources where you obtained the data.

2 –

Please provide your email address so that we may contact you in response to this message. If you do not provide your email address we will not be able to respond to your inquiry.	Your email address will not be stored or used in any other way than responding to this inquiry.

These must be copied EXACTLY like that (without the “pre” and “/pre” but with EVERYTHING else. Then put whatever you want, including any html you want in the right-side “Custom translations” corresponding box(s). You have to do 1 then save, so you can do 2.

When you have finished, re-read the FAQ to ensure you didn’t miss anything (like the comments about cache’s).

Nigel

jacoline
      Participant

415 posts

Attached is a complete replacement colors theme for both of you. It includes the fixed menu icons, background colors for the new contact form, and removal of the footer contact links when the main menu version is enabled. Simply copy this over your existing colors theme folder as you would for a complete upgrade.

It does not fix the message bug jacoline reported. That can be avoided temporarily simply by <span class=”d4pbbc-underline” style=”text-decoration: underline;”>not</span> setting your user account for “Preferred contact method” to anything to either “mailto link” or “kiwitrees sends mail with no storage”.

I’m afraid I will not be adding the drop-down contact menu. It defeats the purpose of the revised contact page.

Thank you Nigel!
      Im truely satisfied except for one thing. My footer text in custom.js is now also bold at contact page 😛

Regards,
      Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of:
      www.jaconelli.dk/webtrees, www.jaconelli.dk/history, www.familien-johnsen.dk(submenu) and danish support at www.host-siden.dk/sandbox and facebook

jacoline
      Participant

415 posts

Nvm – I found it in my own css – just ignore me!

Regards,
      Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of:

macalter
      macalter
      Participant

544 posts

Followed instructions for replacing icon. Reverted back to 1 contact.

It worked so I proceeded to customize portion of the Contact page text (just the reference to email address). I went back to the Home page and the icon was gone. So, deleted the custom text attempt (not related but didn’t want to have partial start). There is NO icon for contact and footer has returned.

Cache (kiwitrees & browser) cleared; cookies emptied. Will wait awhile and see if anything happens.

-----
      Kiwitrees:
      "A-D connections 3.3.1"
      PHP 7.0 Fast CGI

"The Royals 3.3.1"
      PHP 7.0 Fast CGI

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.