Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

googlemap. modified, cousins, pdf, F.A.B., login, block, server, admin, 7.2, responsive menus, styles, redirect, 2.0, beta, footer, gettext, menu, I18N, title, xmas, margin, ASSO, Google Maps, calendar, missing data, google, nickname, pop-ups, contact links, add_asso_facts, latest version, new feature, menus, github, tags, album, html, click, release, design, Export/Import, fact, 3.3.0, cousin tab, Georgian, order, prison, contact, blank screem, resources, icons, save settings, fancy image bar, version, 3.2.0, merge, white screen, index, Default record, living

Topic:   invalid date  

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by macalter macalter 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      macalter
      macalter
      Participant

551 posts

i just went to a record and saw “Invalid date”. Opened the edit window and had “BET 1198” which, of course, is incorrect. (typo for BEF)

Can this error message be red bold, similar to the way Sources are flagged when not correct? Check GEDCOM doesn’t find so that would help.

-----
      Kiwitrees:
      "A-D connections 3.3.1"
      PHP 7.0 Fast CGI

"The Royals 3.3.1"
      PHP 7.0 Fast CGI
      mySQL server: 5.1.56
      MacOS: 10.11.6  (El Capitan)
      Browsers (mac): Safari  Version 11.0;  Firefox 56.0
      [updated: 07 Oct 2017]

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1595 posts

Hmmm, I’m not sure how much help changing the colour will be. Perhaps when you first add / edit the date it might stand out to you. Otherwise, you still have to be on the ‘right’ page or record as you were today.

Still, it’s super simple to add this, so I’ have done it, and it is in time for the next release.

I did briefly wonder if it could be included in either Gedcom check, or Sanity checker. But in both cases the resource load needed to check EVERY date in your tree would be far too great. Those tools only work if the checks can be targetted in some way.

Gedcom check is limited to links and high-level Gedcom rules.
      Sanity checker is limited to specific events or pairs of events.

Invalid dates can occur in any record and any event within any record, so potentially hundreds of thousands of checks to do!

Nigel
      My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info
      macalter
      macalter
      Participant

551 posts

The red will hopefully catch my eye better. The Source mistake (s1 vs S10 is both red and GEDCOM so there’s double chance to correct. Don’t mind not being in check (the invalid date) so as not to bog down the check. It’s not frequent error compared to s/S. Thanks.

-----
      Kiwitrees:
      "A-D connections 3.3.1"
      PHP 7.0 Fast CGI

"The Royals 3.3.1"
      PHP 7.0 Fast CGI
      mySQL server: 5.1.56
      MacOS: 10.11.6  (El Capitan)
      Browsers (mac): Safari  Version 11.0;  Firefox 56.0
      [updated: 07 Oct 2017]

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.