Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

lists, autocomplete, name, CREM, 3.0.0. setup, installation, check, GEDCOM, Add a wife, abbreviate, Google Maps, Advanced search, spam, .mo, 3.1.1, cousins, watermark, contact links, repo, pdf, library, NCHI, googlemap. modified, 3.0.0, white screen, living, add missing death, Require visitor authentication, privacy, prefix, message contactform, design, media_links, pop-ups, colors, Favourites, edit, survey, login upgrade, descendant, google, xenea, mobile, 5.6, edit interface, session, contacts, 3.3.0, Georgian, 2.0, transifex, getClientIp, IE11, marriage, fixing errors, husband, wish, simpl_grey, GEDCOM errors, hover

Topic:   Installation of tree stops at "Deleting old genealogy data…"  

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Roy Roy 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
    • Author

jacoline
      Participant

456 posts

I tried too – but it is just stopping by “deleting old files” 🙁

Regards,
      Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of:
      www.jaconelli.dk/webtrees, www.jaconelli.dk/history, www.familien-johnsen.dk(submenu) and danish support at www.host-siden.dk/sandbox and facebook

Attachments:
      kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1636 posts

Yes, as mentioned, a lot of things are broken. Re-install it and leave it with the default one-person tree for now. You can still look at the general appearance. It’s too early to try it with your own data.

Nigel
      My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info

jacoline
      Participant

456 posts

I can only see the same page no matter what I do 😛 But not important! I just wanted to look and I can not atm 🙂 I just have to be patient 😛

Regards,
      Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of:
      www.jaconelli.dk/webtrees, www.jaconelli.dk/history, www.familien-johnsen.dk(submenu) and danish support at www.host-siden.dk/sandbox and facebook

Roy
      Roy
      Participant

110 posts

Had the same result. After setup, the user is taken immediately to the create family tree page. There is no way out except to create a tree. When you do, everything hangs up on deleting old genealogy data.

I too will be waiting for future development of the program before trying again.

Roy

Apache 2.4.27  PHP 7.19 MariaDB 10.2.8

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1636 posts

Sorry about this one. I did say thinks were broken – but I didn’t intend that to include this part 🙁 I’ve brought that page forward to be fixed this week, so I’ll let you know when you can re-download and try again.

That reminds me of another point to understand. The link in that last blog post will never change, but the files you get will be changing (hopefully for the better) almost every day as I work through every page that needs changing. So when things are fixed, I will be suggesting you simple re-download everything. It will be too messy to do updates any other way.

Nigel
      kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1636 posts

The “Manage family trees” page is now fixed if you want to try another download anytime.

Note that “fixed” doesn’t necessarily mean “perfect” 🙂 But it seems to be pretty close from my testing at least.

Nigel

jacoline
      Participant

456 posts

Same result just with a new design 😛

Regards,
      Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of:

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1636 posts

I can’t imagine why. It’s working perfectly for me. I just downloaded the zip, put it in my “htdocs” (I use xampp locally) and ran setup.

After completion I created a new tree (as directed by the system), then after that, I imported my own GEDCOM file.

All worked as expected.

Are you doing something different to this?

Nigel

jacoline
      Participant

456 posts

Nope but I can email you the setup details and you can try to install it and see how it goes. Do you want to try?

Regards,
      Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of:

Attachments:
      kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1636 posts

Sure, happy to take a look, though I don’t understand what “set up details means, other than what I described above.

But I also need to know about your test server – versions of PHP, MySQL etc. The requirements are still the same as standard kiwitrees – so, for example, PHP 7.2 you should not be used.

You are doing a clean/new install, not an upgrade, I assume, and not using an existing database? Neither of those things has been reviewed for this code yet.

Nigel
      Roy
      Roy
      Participant

110 posts

Nigel:

Had the same result. After clicking on the new tree’s icon, went right to the screen jacoline sent. Was not given an option to use a GEDCOM of my choosing, see attachment. As you can see I tried it twice. Used the latest version on the Twitter link.

My local install uses Apache 2.4.27, PHP 7.1.9, and MariaDB 10.2.8. Kiwitrees Version 3.2.2 runs perfectly. All settings including permissions are exactly the same.

Roy

Apache 2.4.27  PHP 7.19 MariaDB 10.2.8

Attachments:
    Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.