Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

configure, spouse, access level, add_asso_facts, Histo, ID facts, kiwitrees 2.0.2, blank screem, Support/Bug Reporting, surname, white screen, tab, kiwitrees theme, places, watermark, contact links, Google Maps, 3.2.1, search, zend, HTML block, Favourites 3.0.0, children, Themes change, abbreviate, emmigration, re-order, progress, privacy, updates, server, fancy image bar, seo, Export/Import, edit options, xenea, NCHI, Default record, users, Extra menus, prefix, multiple marriages, mysql5.7, 3.2.0, CREM, Administration, mystyle, duplicates, media_links, add missing death, clippings cart, login upgrade, partner, set link, tabs, ASSO, link, hover, style, html

Topic:   Individual Report  

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by pab pab 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author
      pab
      pab
      Participant

109 posts

I needed to produce an Individual Report on someone for a visitor. They pointed out that the report had details of father, mother, siblings, wives, and offspring … but no MARRIAGE details. Is this as intended?

Penguins Are Boss

Apache 2.4.25; MariaDB 10.1.22; PHP 7.0.18

http://bootesgowland.info

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1449 posts

“as intended” is not strictly accurate. “As it always has been (in the old report version)” would be correct though, and I did not attempt to change it.

It might be possible to include it somewhere, but where would be best? It could only be part of the section headed “Family with ….” as all the rest is taken from INDI data. Your asking for something from the cross-referenced FAM data.

Would the still-old Reports> Family be a more useful solution for your visitor? I hope to convert that one for the next release.

Nigel

My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info

pab
      pab
      Participant

109 posts

Your asking for something from the cross-referenced FAM data.content

Yes, But, No, But … I am asking for a report on an individual and … like … when and where he/she got married is kind of important!

I would suggest

Family with spouse
      Spouse xxxxxxxxxxxx
      Married xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
      daughter xxxx
      son xxxx
      etc xxxx

I felt embarrassed because the visitor was a professional genealogist from USA seeking information for one of his clients.

The old family report did not do it all because it did not give details of (in this case) the other spouses.

Paul

Penguins Are Boss

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1449 posts

I would suggest

Family with spouse
      Spouse xxxxxxxxxxxx
      Married xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
      daughter xxxx
      son xxxx
      etc xxxx

Thats where I was thinking. But looking at it I can reasonably easily do that plus a little more.

I’m please to be getting feedback about these rewritten reports. Generally I’ve only replicated what the old versions did, but if they are going to be used now, then I’m more than happy to improve them.

So in this case the Individual report will in the next release:

• Include the major family events under the section “Facts and events” for that individual (marriage, divorce, family residence, family census entries etc)
      • Include marriage dates / places for parents
      • Repeat the individual’s marriage details in their “Family with spouse” section.

Attached is a zip folder with two files in it in case you want to have this improvement right now.
      functions_resource.php should be copied to kiwitrees/includes/functions/
      module.php should be copied to kiwitrees/modules_v3/resource_individual/

Nigel

My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info

Attachments:
      pab
      pab
      Participant

109 posts

I so very rarely use these reports as I am so used to just doing things online. I was stunned when this was pointed out to me yesterday so much so I had to look twice to see that it was true!

Penguins Are Boss

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.