Authorpab
Last activity2 weeks, 2 days ago
StatusOpen
Replies5
Voices3
Participantspab, kiwi, clandav
Actions
Tags

check, mobile, sanity, cousins, Support/Bug Reporting, events of close relatives, divorce, F.A.B., icons, husband, flags, default individual, dead, spam, cousin tab, colors, album, order, library, Advanced search, batch update, married, mystyle, edit interface, HTML variables, style, internal messaging, Favourites, admin, add_asso_facts, sidebar, calendar, language, feedback, editor, time, 7.1, tab, footer, Search and replace, themes, 7.0, My Page, relationships, immigration, lists, name, fixing errors, gender change, pop-ups, 3.3.0, design, abbreviate, missing data, login, calendar.php issue, request, birth, progress, places

Kiwitrees on Twitter

Tagged: ,

Topic:   Google Maps zoom buttons   [Fix committed]

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by kiwi kiwi 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • Author
      pab
      pab
      Participant

123 posts

Hi Ron
      I re-invented myself in the last couple of weeks and got my Google Maps API sorted out. I have received an invoice for ZERO in the last couple of days after I relocated to bootesgowland.kiwitrees.net

I have a new question: my Google Maps zoom in/out (+/-) icons are displaced from the boxes they should sit in. Anyone else got this problem?

Paul

Penguins Are  Boss

https://bootesgowland.kiwitrees.net

Happy to be hosted by kiwitrees.net

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1749 posts

I have a new question: my Google Maps zoom in/out (+/-) icons are displaced from the boxes they should sit in. Anyone else got this problem?

Yes, I see mine is the same. I’ll have a look tomorrow to see if it is a kiwitrees issue or a Google issue.

Nigel
      My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info
      clandav
      clandav
      Participant

143 posts

I don’t have that problem, but looking at your site, I see that the Google Map display is not as wide as it is on mine i.e it does not cover the entire width of the block (see attached comparitive screenshots). So I think the + and minus icons may be in the right place but the rest of the map display is not. We are using different themes – maybe this is an issue just with your theme?

Ron in France
      kiwitrees 3.3.6; PHP 7.2.17

Attachments:
      clandav
      clandav
      Participant

143 posts

Oops! Forgot the screenshot from your site. Here it is.

Ron in France
      kiwitrees 3.3.6; PHP 7.2.17

Attachments:
      kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1749 posts

Ron was on the right track, but not quite the right reason 🙂

It was a theme issue, only in the ‘kiwitrees’ theme. A while back I added some css styling to stop buttons shrinking too small where their label was perhaps only a couple of characters long, i.e. “min-width: 100px;”.

Trouble is I targetted it to the tag “button”, and other things, like google maps, also use the same tag!

So the fix is very easy:
      In kiwitrees/themes/kiwitrees/style.css, change line 136
      from

button {

to

button.btn {
      Nigel
      kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1749 posts

Paul – I forgot to say – your site has been fixed already.

Nigel
    Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.