Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

blank screem, permissions, shared note, type, validation, wish, .po, .mo, new feature, pop-ups, tabs, advent, Google Maps, release, admin, 1939 Register, tags, lists individuals families, individual resource, family facts, ID facts, Advanced search, Histo, clipboard, emmigration, IE problem, transifex, lists, pages, editor, edit menu, custom modules, logs, FAQ, add, time, age, sidebar, add missing death, CHR, github, translation, notes, inactive, follow, webtrees 1.4.4.1, media, widget, json, kiwitrees, colors, clippings cart, 3.1, 3.3.1, prison, button, F.A.B., REFN, media_links, person

Topic:   Forum  

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by kiwi kiwi 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      macalter
      macalter
      Participant

550 posts

I just got an email
      Kiwitrees support forums – New topic in Support for kiwitrees: Just an idea 🙂 and to log in to read.

Is this a change in the forum? Personally, not one I like. I’d rather receive the text of the message and then decide if I need to reply, to log in. Also, I can then save the email to refer back to whereas just telling me a message exists means I’d have to search the forum.

forum-email

-----
      Kiwitrees:
      "A-D connections 3.3.1"
      PHP 7.0 Fast CGI

"The Royals 3.3.1"
      PHP 7.0 Fast CGI
      mySQL server: 5.1.56
      MacOS: 10.11.6  (El Capitan)
      Browsers (mac): Safari  Version 11.0;  Firefox 56.0
      [updated: 07 Oct 2017]

Attachments:
      kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1533 posts

Yes it is new, and therefore still plenty of room to improve.

The text of the message is included when you get a notification about a reply, but not when it is a new topic.

I agree that doesn’t really make sense, so I’ll change it to include the text.

Thanks.

Nigel
      My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info
      macalter
      macalter
      Participant

550 posts

Yes. I was able to read your reply. The grey behind the text does lessen the contrast of the text on background but at least it contains the message body.

Needs different type size for the general tag Kiwitrees support forums – New topic in Support for kiwitrees: to distinguish from the actual topic title.

-----
      Kiwitrees:
      "A-D connections 3.3.1"
      PHP 7.0 Fast CGI

"The Royals 3.3.1"
      PHP 7.0 Fast CGI
      mySQL server: 5.1.56
      MacOS: 10.11.6  (El Capitan)
      Browsers (mac): Safari  Version 11.0;  Firefox 56.0
      [updated: 07 Oct 2017]

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1533 posts

Needs different type size for the general tag Kiwitrees support forums – New topic in Support for kiwitrees: to distinguish from the actual topic title.

Hmm, but actually I wonder of that’s required at all. It’s a repeat of the email subject line, and the topic title is repeated again below it. I’ll see if it is removable.

Hopefully it will not be there on this reply.

Nigel
      My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info
    Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.