Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

children, BURI, special character, fancy tree view, 3.2.0, research, add missing death, multiple marriages, merge, sidebar, translation, login upgrade, design, cousins, chart, gettext, danish, living, version, Administration, title, index, googlemap. modified, nickname, wish, family facts, internal messaging, emigration, 3.2.2, upgrade, menus, GEDCOM errors, family, autocomplete, locked out, IE11, errors, php 5.6, order, MYSQL, image, Advanced search, Extra menus, .po, Fancy imagebar, duplicates, family fact, time, descendants, watermark, messaging, emmigration, repo, F.A.B., progress, button, contacts, configure, CREM, Require visitor authentication

Topic:   Forum emails  

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by kiwi kiwi 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      macalter
      macalter
      Participant

544 posts

The topic for emails coming from the forum is quite long as it includes the prefix “New topic in Support for kiwitrees:….”. Most of us don’t keep the subject column wide enough to actually see the full line so all emails only show the prefix, not the subject. Can it be shortened to just kiwitrees? (Similar to the emails I get from webtrees)

-----
      Kiwitrees:
      "A-D connections 3.3.1"
      PHP 7.0 Fast CGI

"The Royals 3.3.1"
      PHP 7.0 Fast CGI
      mySQL server: 5.1.56
      MacOS: 10.11.6  (El Capitan)
      Browsers (mac): Safari  Version 11.0;  Firefox 55.0.3
      [updated: 22 Sep 2017]

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1496 posts

How many characters does your subject column width display?
      What do you want to see in the subject:
      Just “Kiwitrees”, the forum category, confirmation it’s a new topic or a reply, the subject of the topic, all of the above, none???

More specificity required.

Nigel
      My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info
      kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1496 posts

(Similar to the emails I get from webtrees)

Red rag to a bull! Best reason I can think of NOT to change 🙂

Nigel
      My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info
    Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.