Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

blocks, feedback, bug reporting, margin, kiwitrees, 2.0, media_links, F.A.B., footer, fixing errors, progress, danish, fancy tree view, formatting, emmigration, folder, event, re-order, edit, shared note, installation, immigration, advent, googlemap. modified, cousins, custom text, statistics, MAC, watermark, library, person, add_asso_facts, 3.1, menus, missing data, Favourites 3.0.0, calendar, redirect, individual resource, add missing death, notes, multiple marriages, 3.0.0 widgets, css, default individual, blank screem, pop-ups, census assistant, events of close relatives, sanity, defacto, special character, mobile, getClientIp, 500, save settings, edit interface, theme, nickname, contacts

Topic:   Fatal error  

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by kiwi kiwi 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      macalter
      macalter
      Participant

544 posts

Irina Pavlovna PALEY (Q1359)
      I created a family with spouse Hubert de Monbrison (add existing). On View Family page, used Change Family Members to add Q306 as child. When I then clicked the record to edit, got a Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘Exception’ with message ‘Invalid family in WT_Person::getStepFamilyLabel(F1679@2)….. to see if it was only this record, I tried to add Q307 and same problem.

Your account is active.

-----
      Kiwitrees:
      "A-D connections 3.3.1"
      PHP 7.0 Fast CGI

"The Royals 3.3.1"
      PHP 7.0 Fast CGI
      mySQL server: 5.1.56
      MacOS: 10.11.6  (El Capitan)
      Browsers (mac): Safari  Version 11.0;  Firefox 55.0.3
      [updated: 22 Sep 2017]

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1496 posts

An interesting problem.

The error was easy to find. But thinking about possible ways to prevent it would take a lot longer, so I’m reluctant to try.

The problem: You have Feodor Alexandrovich ROMANOV (Q305) recorded as female, but as HUSB in his family with Irina. So the step-family labels required for F1679 after adding Q306 to F1680 don’t know how to determine step-mother / step-father. Fix his gender and the error goes away. I confirmed this, but then put it back as it was for you to see.

I think the issue is that the “step-xxxx” labels are determined by gender, but family positions are by HUSB / WIFE tags. So you generated a conflicting situation. It makes me wonder how this would behave if it was an actual same-sex couple. It’s making my head spin 🙂

Nigel
      My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info
    Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.