Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

spam, marriages, defacto, Administration, cousins, button, clippings cart, Georgian, add, re-order, message contactform, default individual, HTML block, wish, sidebar, php 7, pages, 3.3.0, version, 3.1.1, source, administration pages, menu, clipboard, folder, beta, Default record, validation, library, charts, custom text, redirect, feedback, ID notes, html, blocks, media_links, simpl_grey, 2.0, add missing death, married, modules, link, pdf, colors, kiwitrees, IE11, footer, danish, icons, .mo, custom modules, special character, relationships, fatal error, tags, chart, person, privacy, logout

Topic:   Fatal error  

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by kiwi kiwi 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      macalter
      macalter
      Participant

534 posts

Irina Pavlovna PALEY (Q1359)
      I created a family with spouse Hubert de Monbrison (add existing). On View Family page, used Change Family Members to add Q306 as child. When I then clicked the record to edit, got a Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘Exception’ with message ‘Invalid family in WT_Person::getStepFamilyLabel(F1679@2)….. to see if it was only this record, I tried to add Q307 and same problem.

Your account is active.

-----
      Kiwitrees:
      "A-D connections 3.3.0 (rev)"
      PHP 5.6.29 Fast CGI

"The Royals 3.3.0.."
      PHP 7.0 Fast CGI
      mySQL server: 5.1.56
      MacOS: 10.11.6  (El Capitan)
      Browsers (mac): Safari  Version 10.1.1 (11603.2.5);  Firefox 53.0.2
      [updated: 22 May 2017]

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1431 posts

An interesting problem.

The error was easy to find. But thinking about possible ways to prevent it would take a lot longer, so I’m reluctant to try.

The problem: You have Feodor Alexandrovich ROMANOV (Q305) recorded as female, but as HUSB in his family with Irina. So the step-family labels required for F1679 after adding Q306 to F1680 don’t know how to determine step-mother / step-father. Fix his gender and the error goes away. I confirmed this, but then put it back as it was for you to see.

I think the issue is that the “step-xxxx” labels are determined by gender, but family positions are by HUSB / WIFE tags. So you generated a conflicting situation. It makes me wonder how this would behave if it was an actual same-sex couple. It’s making my head spin 🙂

Nigel

My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.