Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

json, Default record, marriage, My Page, dates, Fancy imagebar, validation, configure, individual resource, admin, calendar, html, places, 3.0.0. setup, family, prison, Administration, survey, new feature, IE11, responsive menus, watermark, updates, php 7, performance, research tasks, access level, not married, dead, 3.2.0, version, fancy image bar, census assistant, modules, 3.2.1, family navigator, users, php 5.6, ckeditor, Batch Updates, timeout, fact, request, GEDCOM, edit, white screen, xmas, marriages, resources, link, margin, FAQ, styles, blank screem, multiple marriages, event, theme, CHR, gender change, relationships

Tagged: , ,

Topic:   Family tree configuration > Privacy  

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by kiwi kiwi 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      macalter
      macalter
      Participant

536 posts

If I don’t post will forget as I don’t use often:

I wanted to change the level of access for an existing fact. Before I added the same fact with the new level and it replaced the old. Just tried this and it didn’t work. I had to search for the fact, delete then add with new setting.

Which is the correct method? I’d prefer the former then it means not having to search the list for current setting, the one created overwrites.

-----
      Kiwitrees:
      "A-D connections 3.3.0 (rev)"
      PHP 5.6.29 Fast CGI

"The Royals 3.3.0.."
      PHP 7.0 Fast CGI
      mySQL server: 5.1.56
      MacOS: 10.11.6  (El Capitan)
      Browsers (mac): Safari  Version 10.1.1 (11603.2.5);  Firefox 53.0.2
      [updated: 22 May 2017]

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1449 posts

And another bug bites the dust !! 🙂

This time replace the file kiwitrees/admin_trees_config.php with the one in the attached zip folder

Which is the correct method? I’d prefer the former then it means not having to search the list for current setting, the one created overwrites.

Definitely the former.

In fixing this I also noticed that the “delete” button doesn’t (never has) give you a “confirm?” pop-up option, just in case you hit the wrong one. Also now fixed.

Nigel

My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info

Attachments:
      1 user thanked author for this post.
      macalter
      macalter
      Participant

536 posts

The replacement file worked.

PS: Between each replacement I out, CLEARED SITE CACHE; logged out; CLEARED BROWSER CACHE. I did the two files one at a time. “admin > privacy” first.

-----
      Kiwitrees:
      "A-D connections 3.3.0 (rev)"
      PHP 5.6.29 Fast CGI

"The Royals 3.3.0.."
      PHP 7.0 Fast CGI
      mySQL server: 5.1.56
      MacOS: 10.11.6  (El Capitan)
      Browsers (mac): Safari  Version 10.1.1 (11603.2.5);  Firefox 53.0.2
      [updated: 22 May 2017]

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1449 posts

The replacement file worked.

Great.

PS: Between each replacement I out, CLEARED SITE CACHE; logged out; CLEARED BROWSER CACHE. I did the two files one at a time. “admin > privacy” first.

Never hurts, but not needed in this situation. These files are not cached in any way.

Nigel

My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.