Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

menus, login upgrade, github, request, ASSO, contact, server, REFN, census, locked out, button, tags, roadmap, ckeditor, xenea, beta, validation, library, users, Advanced search, place, dropbox. token, follow, messaging, simpl_pages, MAC, add_asso_facts, Favourites, google, Google Maps, 1939 Register, repo, age, feedback, image, gender change, privacy, ID notes, Extra menus, 3.3.1, cemsus, release, advent, getClientIp, IE11, abbreviate, configure, updates, prison, chart, 3.2.3, margin, BURI, webtrees, mobile, relationships, index, kiwitrees theme, folder, spouse

Topic:   ENGA without MARR  

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by kiwi kiwi 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      macalter
      macalter
      Participant

539 posts

How would I show the engagement of two people (both are in the database already) but where no marriage took place. The significance is, upon his death, she married his brother.

-----
      Kiwitrees:
      "A-D connections 3.3.0 (rev)"
      PHP 5.6.29 Fast CGI

"The Royals 3.3.0.."
      PHP 7.0 Fast CGI
      mySQL server: 5.1.56
      MacOS: 10.11.6  (El Capitan)
      Browsers (mac): Safari  Version 10.1.1 (11603.2.5);  Firefox 53.0.2
      [updated: 22 May 2017]

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1480 posts

ENGA (engaged) is a FAMily tag only. So you will need to join the engaged couple as a family then add the ENGA tag.

I would probably also add a _NMR (not married) tag, and then a _SEPR (separated) tag.

Alternatively, as this seems a lot of work for an engagement that didn’t survive, I would be tempted to ignore it completely, or just add it as a note (perhaps a shared note so it can be attached to all three people involved).

Nigel
      My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info
    Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.