Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

calendar.php issue, ID facts, gender change, admin, contacts, custom modules, session, beta, bug reporting, fancy image bar, feedback, My Page, resources, transifex, autocomplete, random_media, pop-ups, F.A.B., Google Maps, cousins, folder, Themes change, close, click, burial, .mo, research tasks, 3.3.3, 1939 Register, nickname, index, danish, time, special character, last change date, progress, googlemap, spouse, tools, partner, add missing death, notes, design, Favourites, block, news module, css, Default record, spam, timeout, married, add_asso_facts, kiwitrees 2.0.2, IE11, REFN, title, blocks, cookie, lists individuals families, themes

Tagged: 

Topic:   Customizing right Sidebar tabs !  

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by kiwi kiwi 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author

PierreF
      Participant

8 posts

Hi all !
      I’ve got 2 questions about the right Sidebar of Kiwitrees :

1. How can I change the default nav tab that is opened on the Sidebar ? Actually for me, it’s the “family_nav” tab wich is open by default on each page, and I would prefer another one. Is there a parameter to change ?

2. I would like that the right Sidebar be ajax connected with the Tab content interface in order to display (or hide in css) some Sidebar nav modules in some cases

For example :

If I click on the “Families” tab, I display only the “Family navigator” Sidebar nav tab
        If I click on the “Fact & events” tab, I display only the “Individual list” Sidebar nav tab

Have you got an idea ? Is it possible ?
      Thanks for your help !
      Pierre

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1643 posts

1. How can I change the default nav tab that is opened on the Sidebar ? Actually for me, it’s the “family_nav” tab wich is open by default on each page, and I would prefer another one. Is there a parameter to change ?

You can change it. But it’s hard-coded, so don’t forget to change it again each time you upgrade kiwitrees. It’s in the file library\KT\Controller\Individual.php, around line 785:

// The family navigator should be opened by default
      if ($module->getName() == 'family_nav') {
      	$active = $n;
      }

2. I would like that the right Sidebar be ajax connected with the Tab content interface in order to display (or hide in css) some Sidebar nav modules in some cases

For that, you will need to study the jQuery-UI API for both the tabs and the accordion widgets code kiwitrees uses (https://api.jqueryui.com/category/widgets/ ). They have a range of methods and event triggers that should help you. I’m afraid beyond that I’m not able to help with this one.

Nigel
      My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info
    Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.