Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

access roles, getClientIp, pages, media, 3.1.1, MYSQL, new feature, latest version, tabs, login upgrade, 3.0.0 widgets, inactive, css, menu, php 7, widget, transifex, permissions, charts, .po, birth, 3.0.0, batch update, beta, special character, data errors, 1939 Register, links, Batch Updates, Themes change, sanity, ID notes, person, watermark, Fancy imagebar, random_media, descendant, folder, blocks, installation, 2.0, contacts, fatal error, add_asso_facts, icons, married, .mo, BAPM, danish, clippings cart, individual resource, google, album, feedback, googlemaps, 3.2.1, block, colors theme, googlemap. modified, themes

Topic:   Custom translations  

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by kiwi kiwi 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • Author
      kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1545 posts

I commented on the forum recently (Technical and genealogical contacts #post 4595) that I was looking at a way of simplifying the creation of “custom language files”.

Well, I have succeeded, at least to an extent, and this will be a new addition in the upcoming release kiwitrees 3.1.

Here is a picture of the edit screen:

translate_11

A full FAQ for it is here: https://kiwitrees.net/?p=4642

A couple of key points:

• It is an alternative not a replacement for the old file-based custom language files. Any of those you have will still work.
      • Like those (except ‘.mo’ gettext files) it can only be used for simple texts, not those with gender based alternatives, plurals, data variables etc.
      • This stores the translations in the database and requires no special files at all. No need to FTP anything to  / from your server, nor worry about what text editor you use or getting the code right.
      Nigel
      My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info
      Attachments:
    Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.