Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

multiple marriages, custom, slideshow, autocomplete, defacto, formatting, menu, button, request, contact links, lists, cousins, Canada, new feature, index, Favourites 3.0.0, Export/Import, .mo, simpl_research, media, upgrade, googlemaps, googlemap. modified, locked out, advanced, release, calendar.php issue, surname, image, FAQ, living, kiwitrees 2.0.2, CHR, ID notes, check, abbreviate, sanity checker, close, translation, tabs, wish, relationships, dead, icons, users, styles, Georgian, GEDCOM, data errors, album, last change date, xmas, 3.3.1, set link, 500, help, I18N, .po, messaging, 3.2.1

Tagged: ,

Topic:   Extra menus – main menu title  

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jacoline 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
    • Author

jacoline
      Participant

432 posts

After upgrading for 3.1.1.

At my page I want to have “Add ons” as menu text so instead of edit the module can I do something in mystylesheet?

Regards,
      Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of:
      www.jaconelli.dk/webtrees, www.jaconelli.dk/history, www.familien-johnsen.dk(submenu) and danish support at www.host-siden.dk/sandbox and facebook

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1547 posts

At my page I want to have “Add ons” as menu text so instead of edit the module can I do something in mystylesheet?

Which module are we talking about? Changing content with css can be done, but not easy and not always. Give me some more details. I try to ensure such things can be done in the module configuration itself on most modules.

Nigel
      My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info

jacoline
      Participant

432 posts

Sorry I know I wrote in first place and I was not confused by cach. I just figured out how to fix it – so would not waste your time 🙂

But I use the Extra-menu module at my historic page. And it is not much I have to edit. But I edit like this:

public function getMenuTitle() {
      return WT_I18N::translate(‘Add ons’);
      }

IMO This is important in themes that do not use icons to decide which name the menu should have 🙂

Regards,
      Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of:
      www.jaconelli.dk/webtrees, www.jaconelli.dk/history, www.familien-johnsen.dk(submenu) and danish support at www.host-siden.dk/sandbox and facebook

jacoline
      Participant

432 posts

Im just starting to be lazy since you have added alot of features where I do not have to edit 😛 THANK YOU NIGEL 🙂

Now I can delete my contact module and if I can get this fixed I can use extra menu for my userdefined FAQ instead (then no more userdefined menues at my page=copy of extra menu)

Only copies of the page module and here I have to look out for upgrading of the module. If any suggestions to make it easier – would make me happy 🙂 (se enclosed)

P.S. You should not see the green line in menu anymore!

Regards,
      Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of:

Attachments:
      kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1547 posts

But I use the Extra-menu module at my historic page. And it is not much I have to edit. But I edit like this:

}

You should use Custom Translation to modify textx like this. https://kiwitrees.net/?p=4642

Nigel
      kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1547 posts

Only copies of the page module and here I have to look out for upgrading of the module. If any suggestions to make it easier – would make me happy (see enclosed)

That one I cannot help with. I have the same problem (three copies of simpl_pages). But hopefully the code will not change too often, so you should not need to amend your copies.

Nigel

jacoline
      Participant

432 posts

}

You should use Custom Translation to modify textx like this. https://kiwitrees.net/?p=4642

If I do that it will change all with “menu”

The right code is like this:
      return WT_I18N::translate(‘menu’);
      }

Could the core not be like this instead:
      return WT_I18N::translate(‘Userdefined titel’);
      }

So we can from kiwitrees change the menu titel?

Otherwise I hope that the module just not change much either 🙂

Regards,
      Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of:

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1547 posts

Im confused

Are you talking about “Extra menus” or “Simple pages” module?

Extra menus has a configuration option for menu title.

Nigel
      Attachments:

jacoline
      Participant

432 posts

Extra menus has a configuration option for menu title.

Yes but not the one in menu bar! It is called “Menu” in kiwitrees theme

I just edited it back for you to see: http://www.host-siden.dk/history

Regards,
      Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of:

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1547 posts

I thought the code should use the title from the first menu item as the main menu title.

So this is a bug. Can you report it so I don’t forget to fix it next week. No need for a long explanation, just link back to here.

Nigel

jacoline
      Participant

432 posts

If I remember correctly it did actually do this in earlier time 🙂

But reported as bug 🙂

Regards,
      Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of:

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1547 posts

I’ve checked the code, and it appears I changed it some time ago. Probably at some one else’s request.

So now, if you have more than one extra menu item, then the main menu wil use the title hard coded into module.php (“Menu”).

If you only have one item, then the main menu uses the title of that item.

I thought about changing it so for multiple menu items (sub-menus_ the main title became the title of the first (lowest position number) in the list.

But I’m sure someone will want to use something completely different to that.

So I will need to modify the configuration so there is an option to over-ride the main menu item if you want, or let it default to “menu” or let it use the same as the first listed item. But that will take a little longer. It will be done before the next release though.

Nigel

jacoline
      Participant

432 posts

Okay!

I think it was back at simpl_module time where we could have the first choice as menu title!

Well no rush I changed it to “Add ons” 🙂

Regards,
      Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of:

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.