Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

dates, .po, bug, pages, logout, missing data, github, HTML block, search, name, 3.3.0, dead, blocks, GEDCOM, dropbox. token, internal messaging, marriage, feedback, googlemap, 1939 Register, Export/Import, custom text, surname, datatables, version, family facts, click, survey, lists, image, updates, descendant, login, notes, flags, partner, 3.2.2, json, emigration, contact links, save settings, add missing death, edit, prefix, installation, css, mystyle, users, danish, media, googlemaps, Histo, slideshow, pdf, icons, widget, tools, tabs, hover, GEDCOM errors

Topic:   Check for duplicates between two trees  

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jacoline 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author

jacoline
      Participant

397 posts

Comparing 2 gedcom files/trees and resulting with the difference:)

The result with a possibility of making a tree (of the result) which gives me a chance to merge the result with my tree

That could be nice ๐Ÿ™‚

======================================
      ADMIN NOTE: topic moved and renamed. Not related to original placement in topic about “Sanity checker” tool.

Regards,
      Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of:
      www.jaconelli.dk/webtrees, www.host-siden.dk/history, www.familien-johnsen.dk and danish support at www.host-siden.dk/sandbox

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1431 posts

There will never be a “merge” facility developed in kiwitrees. It is simply not practical. For more information about this see: https://kiwitrees.net/?p=4267

But you do have existing features that can be easily used for what you describe.

1 – Append family tree. Use this to combine your two trees into one single tree.

2 – Find duplicates. Use this to find the likely duplicates in your new tree.

3 – Merge duplicates (directly linked to “Find duplicates”) to merge each duplicate into a single record.

Nigel

My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info

jacoline
      Participant

397 posts

Was not a combine I wished for. But a compare ๐Ÿ™‚

But no worries – I just make a wish ๐Ÿ™‚

Regards,
      Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of:
      www.jaconelli.dk/webtrees, www.host-siden.dk/history, www.familien-johnsen.dk and danish support at www.host-siden.dk/sandbox

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1431 posts

Was not a combine I wished for. But a compare

I know. But you will never get that, so I offered an alternative that you already have, which will achieve the same or very similar result.

Nigel

My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info

jacoline
      Participant

397 posts

Yes I know this function. But not good if we talk about big gedcom files. This is good if I want to compare my tree with a smaller gedcom file.

Regards,
      Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of:

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.