Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

feedback, IE11, nickname, sidebar, googlemap. modified, request, admin, latest version, widget, events of close relatives, gettext, xmas, translation, watermark, login failure, I18N, 3.2.1, calendar.php issue, backup, tags, emigration, calendar, styles, login upgrade, random_media, php 5.6, xenea, access level, fancy tree view, logs, session, getClientIp, blocks, ID notes, descendants, ID facts, installation, 3.2.0, prison, gender change, 1939 Register, google, zend, type, BURI, json, time, icons, tools, 2.0, beta, flags, husband, lists, future, cousins, tab, login, prefix, survey

Topic:   Census Assistant  

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by pab pab 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      pab
      pab
      Participant

111 posts

I have been using CA for several thousand records without problem.
      Since 3.2.2. I sometimes (RARELY) spend ages adding details to a new shared note only to find that at the end of the process they are lost and only a blank shared note is shown. This only seems to happen on long entries – almost as if some buffer has been filled up. Is there a limit?

Penguins Are Boss

Apache 2.4.25; MariaDB 10.1.22; PHP 7.0.18

http://bootesgowland.info

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1496 posts

No limit, and even if there were you would still have the content up to the limit, not a blank entry.

More likely that the clue is in your words “I sometimes (RARELY) spend ages adding details”. Perhaps a time-out on the server?

You’ll need to look for something happening in the server (not kiwitrees) logs at the same date / time as the issue.

Are you sure this has only happened since 3.2.2, or possibly that it is only recently that you have “spent age adding details”? I ask becasue no changes were made to any part of the CA code for 3.2.2 that I can recall.

Nigel
      My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info
      pab
      pab
      Participant

111 posts

Thanks. Glad to rule out a kt reason and I’ll look to the server logs/settings. I’ve not checked this on my home testing server where I have full control … so I suppose I should … !

Penguins Are Boss

Apache 2.4.25; MariaDB 10.1.22; PHP 7.0.18

http://bootesgowland.info

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.