Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

googlemap, permissions, slideshow, event, title, calendar, statistics, users, 3.2.1, Google Maps, CREM, 1939 Register, simpl_research, ckeditor, advent, abbreviate, pop-ups, validation, button, resources, name, 3.0.0, 2.0, IE11, hover, privacy, kiwitrees theme, FAQ, sanity checker, edit interface, theme, favourite, pages, merge, marriage, ASSO, access roles, version, watermark, datatables, survey, NCHI, dates, HTML block, zend, help, error, tools, json, fancy tree view, last change date, gender change, googlemap. modified, duplicates, census assistant, administration pages, image, block, beta, data errors

Topic:   Backup to dropbox  

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by grebjiem grebjiem 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
    • Author
      grebjiem
      grebjiem
      Participant

107 posts

Last friday I made a backup to Dropbox. I thought all went well. Made changes in the gedcom yesterday and today and wanted to backup again. I think it didn’t do anything. Checked the files in Dropbox and couldn,t find the .ged file created friday nor the one created today.
      Then tried again than this error came.
      Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘Dropbox\Exception_InvalidAccessToken’ with message ‘HTTP status 401 {“error”: “Invalid OAuth2 token.”}’ in /home/stambo1q/public_html/kiwitrees/modules_v3/backup_to_dropbox/dropbox-sdk/lib/Dropbox/RequestUtil.php:251 Stack trace: #0 /home/stambo1q/public_html/kiwitrees/modules_v3/backup_to_dropbox/dropbox-sdk/lib/Dropbox/Client.php(558): Dropbox\RequestUtil::unexpectedStatus(Object(Dropbox\HttpResponse)) #1 /home/stambo1q/public_html/kiwitrees/modules_v3/backup_to_dropbox/dropbox-sdk/lib/Dropbox/Client.php(423): Dropbox\Client->chunkedUploadStart(‘PK\x03\x04\n\x00\x00\x00\x08\x00-BbI@…’) #2 /home/stambo1q/public_html/kiwitrees/modules_v3/backup_to_dropbox/dropbox-sdk/lib/Dropbox/RequestUtil.php(279): Dropbox\Client->Dropbox\{closure}() #3 /home/stambo1q/public_html/kiwitrees/modules_v3/backup_to_dropbox/dropbox-sdk/lib/Dropbox/Client.php(424): Dropbox\RequestUtil::runWithRetry(3, Object(Closure)) #4 /home/stambo1q/public_html/kiwitrees/modules_v3/backup_to_dropbox/dropbox-sdk/lib/Dropbox in /home/stambo1q/public_html/kiwitrees/modules_v3/backup_to_dropbox/dropbox-sdk/lib/Dropbox/RequestUtil.php on line 251

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1449 posts

Made twice a topic on the forum but couldn’t submit.

Submit did work OK for both, but they were regarded as spam by the system. Not sure why, but something in the words used, presumably in the title as the first had no other content. Anyway I have deleted the first and published the second so it is now on the forum.

Friday I tested this and it seems good.
      Today I wanted to make a new back> up but nothing happened. Just an error.
      Did I handle this wrong or is it an error.

I can’t tell you what happened. But the error seems to be that your Dropbox “token” is not correct. I’ve been using my copy regularly for weeks now with no problems, and I know of at least two others also not having this problem. So I can only guess:

• Perhaps by mistake you changed or even deleted the token on the config page? (but I doubt this)
      • Perhaps there was an error in transmission between your PC and Dropbox servers

I can only suggest you reset the token in kiwitrees (you can read it from the Dropbox app site where you first created it) and try again.

Nigel

My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info

grebjiem
      grebjiem
      Participant

107 posts

I have reset the token and the backup was made. But I can’t find the .ged file I have created.

dropbox1

dropbox2

Attachments:
      kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1449 posts

I really don’t know how that can happen.

Are the media and zip file you can see in the location Dropbox/Apps/your dropbox folder/Data/ ?

Do you have a copy of your dropbox folders also on your local machine? I use that as well. You need to install the DRopbox app: https://www.dropbox.com/en/help/4454

How large is the .ged file? The backup process is not quick. Perhaps it is not finished

Last idea: check your server logs for errors at that time related to the backup to dropbox module..

Nigel

grebjiem
      grebjiem
      Participant

107 posts

Are the media and zip file you can see in the location Dropbox/Apps/your dropbox folder/Data/ ?

Yes

Do you have a copy of your dropbox folders also on your local machine?

Yes

How large is the .ged file?

1391Kb

This were the last errors in the log.
      [06-Nov-2016 21:29:24 Europe/Amsterdam] PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/stambo1q/public_html/kiwitrees/modules_v3/backup_to_dropbox/dropbox-sdk/lib/Dropbox/Curl.php on line 92
      [06-Nov-2016 22:38:07 Europe/Amsterdam] PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/stambo1q/public_html/kiwitrees/modules_v3/backup_to_dropbox/dropbox-sdk/lib/Dropbox/Curl.php on line 71

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1449 posts

PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds

So there is the issue. Can you change that time?

You can try changing it in kiwitrees (Administration > Site administration > Site configuration > PHP time limit)

But important to note the comment there:

You can request a higher or lower limit here, although the server may ignore this request.

If you look at the same setting (max_execution_time) in Administration > Site administration > Site information you will see two figures. On the left (“Local value”) is what you have it set at. On the right (“Master value”) is the maximum the server is configured to allow. If that is 30, then you will need to ask your web host for more.

BUT 30 secs should be enough for a 1391kb file. My main GEDCOM is 7312kb, and that goes through to Dropbox well inside my limit of 120 secs. So perhaps your server has other restrictions?

Nigel

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1449 posts

One other thought, in Administration > Site administration > Site information do you have this setting:

cURL support -> enabled

Nigel

grebjiem
      grebjiem
      Participant

107 posts

Master value of max execution time is 300 and cURL support is enabled.
      So I have to set the max ececution to 300? Or test it with a value between 30 and 300?

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1449 posts

I would set it to 300. Never hurts to have as much memory and time as you can get.

Nigel

grebjiem
      grebjiem
      Participant

107 posts

Set it to 300. Backup finished and the gedcom was uploaded to dropbox. 🙂
      Thanks Nigel!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.