Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

media, configure, blocks, googlemaps, latest version, research tasks, logout, simpl_research, admin, future, 3.0.0 widgets, style, family fact, pages, googlemap, survey, margin, gettext, sanity, styles, webtrees 1.4.4.1, upgrade, family facts, php 5.6, road map, repo, burial, .mo, login, errors, performance, MAC, add, nickname, logs, places, blank screem, 1939 Register, link, icons, surname, click, button, album, merge, footer, library, kiwitrees theme, check, delete, administration pages, internal messaging, advanced, sidebar, contacts, calendar.php issue, seo, census, married, research

Topic:   Annoying message  

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by kiwi kiwi 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      pab
      pab
      Participant

105 posts

When doing a multiple delete action I get this annoying message in Firefox. It does not happen with Chrome. I have tried googling for a solution which has led to a state of confusion with some pundits claiming it is a security feature so live with it, some claiming it is a coding issue and the script should be written a different way, and some posting an FF config fix which no longer works. The action performs correctly but getting rid of the blessed message is pain.

Should I just go back to using Chrome, just live with it, or IS there a different way of coding the action?

Screenshot-from-2015-03-13-100333

Penguins Are Boss

Apache 2.4.25; MariaDB 10.1.22; PHP 7.0.18

http://bootesgowland.info

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1431 posts

Yes, there will be a different way to code multiple deletes. I chose, for convenience, to simply loop through the pre-existing single delete as many times as necessary rather than write a new function. I’m sure this will be the cause of the problem.

What is needed is a completely different function for deleting that allows for multiple deletes. I will look at this when time permits. Meanwhile I would definitely recommend you use a more convenient browser if you know you will need to perform multiple deletes.

Nigel

My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.