Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

tab, calendar, batch update, advanced, inactive, styles, add_asso_facts, widget, 2.0.2, descendant, events of close relatives, error, progress, json, simpl_grey, order, autocomplete, 7.1, tags, roadmap, colors theme, editor, mystyle, click, duplicates, GEDCOM errors, 3.2.1, Require visitor authentication, data errors, research tasks, 3.0.0. setup, links, beta, ASSO, request, 3.2.2, pop-ups, administration pages, calendar.php issue, access level, defacto, REFN, errors, library, dates, kiwitrees 2.0.2, clippings cart, media, add, random_media, server, 3.1, resources, spam, clipboard, surname, fatal error, menu, custom modules, flags

Topic:   Annoying message  

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by kiwi kiwi 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      pab
      pab
      Participant

109 posts

When doing a multiple delete action I get this annoying message in Firefox. It does not happen with Chrome. I have tried googling for a solution which has led to a state of confusion with some pundits claiming it is a security feature so live with it, some claiming it is a coding issue and the script should be written a different way, and some posting an FF config fix which no longer works. The action performs correctly but getting rid of the blessed message is pain.

Should I just go back to using Chrome, just live with it, or IS there a different way of coding the action?

Penguins Are Boss

Apache 2.4.33; MariaDB 10.2.14; PHP 7.2.4 (display_errors Disabled)

https://bootesgowland.info

Attachments:
      kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1636 posts

Yes, there will be a different way to code multiple deletes. I chose, for convenience, to simply loop through the pre-existing single delete as many times as necessary rather than write a new function. I’m sure this will be the cause of the problem.

What is needed is a completely different function for deleting that allows for multiple deletes. I will look at this when time permits. Meanwhile I would definitely recommend you use a more convenient browser if you know you will need to perform multiple deletes.

Nigel
      My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info
    Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Annoying message’ is closed to new replies.