Search
Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

danish, privacy, ckeditor, edit interface, lists individuals families, blank, clipboard, type, inactive, GEDCOM errors, add_asso_facts, contacts, Require visitor authentication, style, zoom, follow, Add a wife, merge, sidebar, access level, xmas, album, HTML block, error, zend, MAC, tags, googlemap, Favourites 3.0.0, 3.2.1, white screen, FAQ, reports, F.A.B., roadmap, updates, immigration, tab, advanced, places, lists, duplicates, getClientIp, translate, footer, internal messaging, BAPM, MYSQL, session, github, pages, upgrade, Support/Bug Reporting, IE problem, add, widget, responsive menus, icons, sanity checker, re-order

Topic:   Album in Ver 2.0.2  

This topic contains 57 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  jacoline 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 46 through 58 (of 58 total)
    • Author
      kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1660 posts

On I57 I cannot see the video. The group is there but the section is emty. The section “Dokumenter” is also empty

On I35 I can see the video, and page loads quite quickly. But here there is also an empty section: “Folketælling”

Do these sections display media for you? I suspct they are items linked to private people, so cannot show anywhere to visitors. Try it for your self when not logged in.

If that is correct, then I need to hide empty sections like that.

As for the videos, the one I can see displayed quite fast. The page will always be slower than webtrees because it needs to sort and group the images. webtrees doesn’t bother to do that.

If you set the number of groups to 0 (zero) then the display will be the same as webtrees. That should be faster.

The size of the video should not matter because only thumbnails are displayed as a link to the main object.

Perhaps you have some privacy complication settings making it slow to find the images?

Try enabling statistics on the page footer to see what is happening (Administration > your family tree > Hide & Show > Execution statistics

Nigel
      My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info

jacoline
      Participant

466 posts

The statistic does not update when I switch to the album frame. It just keep the one it had when I switch to the id.

Yes I57 is connected to a living.

Suggestion:
      Write in help text that users have to be aware of that video – spec. big ones – can put down the performance time at the specific page

As I said – it is not a problem (to me)

Regards,
      Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of:
      www.jaconelli.dk/webtrees, www.jaconelli.dk/history, www.familien-johnsen.dk(submenu) and danish support at www.host-siden.dk/sandbox and facebook

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1660 posts

Suggestion:
      Write in help text that users have to be aware of that video – spec. big ones – can put down the performance time at the specific page

No, because the problem is not due to large videos. I said:

As for the videos, the one I can see displayed quite fast.

I will do more tests, but I think you have a problem with the thumbnail for that large video. Is it possible you have a copy of the video accidentally stored in the folder /data/media/thumbs/video ? That would give an explanation, because the page would try to load the very large thumbnail from there.

Nigel

jacoline
      Participant

466 posts

Nope – having 3 files in thumb – same size 6.294 kb

I email you access

Regards,
      Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of:
      www.jaconelli.dk/webtrees, www.jaconelli.dk/history, www.familien-johnsen.dk(submenu) and danish support at www.host-siden.dk/sandbox and facebook

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1660 posts

Nope – having 3 files in thumb – same size 6.294 kb

I email you access

Thanks you. Logged in I see all the images. The album page for I57 loaded in less than 10 secs. A page with that many items will never be super-fast, but I cannot explain why you reported more than 20secs.

However, the problem is sort-of related to the video. It uses an icon for a thumbnail. That is stored on a larger image called “icon_sprite_mime.png” . It holds a lot of icons in one image so is much larger than a simple thumbnail. BUT it should load very fast because your server should cache it. But I see that your server is not set up to use caching. You should talk to your web host about that. It can make a huge difference to page load speed, and kiwitrees is designed to use it. They should be able to change settings to use caching of images and css.

For example – loading the icon image from your server takes over 800 millisecs. On my server it takes 13 millisecs from cache!

Nigel

jacoline
      Participant

466 posts

It might be me who has not made the right setup – normally I have “free hands” to change most things

Where do you see that I am not having cache? (just so I have something I can look for at my host)

Regards,
      Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of:

jacoline
      Participant

466 posts

Nvm I found it below php info

Regards,
      Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of:

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1660 posts

You need to use something like FireBug or other “developer tool” in your browser.

Nigel

jacoline
      Participant

466 posts

For which purpose?

Regards,
      Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of:

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1660 posts

To see how long things take to load, and if they load from cache or not.

Nigel

jacoline
      Participant

466 posts

Ah okay – well the info is also noted below php-info 🙂 But I can not find where to edit at my host – so I will ask him!

Thank you for your time!

But we agree that you need to change the way it handle the groups if it is empty because of the restriction right? Just so I understand you right 🙂

Regards,
      Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of:

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1660 posts

But we agree that you need to change the way it handle the groups if it is empty because of the restriction right? Just so I understand you right :)

Yes.

Nigel

jacoline
      Participant

466 posts

Just fyi.

I do have cache on! (I will not give you further intel about the setup – for security reasons)
      But I have no idea why firebug says that I do not have. My general ping is actually very fast.

Sleep tight!

Regards,
      Jamie Jaconelli

admin and owner of:

Viewing 13 posts - 46 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Album in Ver 2.0.2’ is closed to new replies.