Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

random_media, datatables, slideshow, version, title, permissions, birth, missing data, bug reporting, emmigration, access level, icons, Default record, event, 7.1, xenea, validation, watermark, design, backup, sanity checker, chart, clipboard, roadmap, fancy tree view, index, IE11, 3.3.2, BAPM, 2.0, 3.2.2, edit, CREM, menu, themes, time, ckeditor, individual resource, calendar, duplicates, Extra menus, errors, pending, translate, ADDR, search, PHP, spouse, request, dropbox. token, php 5.6, census assistant, administration pages, login failure, person, Require visitor authentication, tags, add, pop-ups, calendar.php issue

Tagged: ,

Topic:   Advanced search  

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by macalter macalter 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author
      macalter
      macalter
      Participant

551 posts

Was looking at the drop down for advance search and propose revision to make it much easier to find the tags. I used grey to indicate ones that possibly can be removed and red for ones added. However, I’d ideally like to view all the tags I currently have selected by tag, tag date, tag place as appropriate, other than those already listed.

revised-advance-search

-----
      Kiwitrees:
      "A-D connections 3.3.1"
      PHP 7.0 Fast CGI

"The Royals 3.3.1"
      PHP 7.0 Fast CGI
      mySQL server: 5.1.56
      MacOS: 10.11.6  (El Capitan)
      Browsers (mac): Safari  Version 11.0;  Firefox 56.0
      [updated: 07 Oct 2017]

Attachments:
      kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1595 posts

I would be reluctant to remove any from the list as it is impossible to know who might value them more than you or I.

However, I’d ideally like to view all the tags I currently have selected by tag, tag date, tag place as appropriate, other than those already listed.

It already includes any tag you add to Administration > Family trees > your family tree > Edit options > All individual facts

it will exclude any that are not on that list unless they are in hard-coded list stored in kiwitrees/library/WT/Controller/AdvancedSearch.php > lines 78-119.

Nigel
      My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info
      macalter
      macalter
      Participant

551 posts

Will have to review Advance Search and my options for tags. The ones in red are ones that logically go with the tag but don’t appear in the search list. (One part is missing)

However, if you’re reluctant to remove, then what about the suggestion of alphabetical as I’ve shown. Grouping like items together. Would make it so much easier to find tags.

-----
      Kiwitrees:
      "A-D connections 3.3.1"
      PHP 7.0 Fast CGI

"The Royals 3.3.1"
      PHP 7.0 Fast CGI

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1595 posts

You’ve asked for two often contradictory changes there:

…what about the suggestion of alphabetical as I’ve shown.

and

Grouping like items together.”

You can’t easily have both. Currently connected tags are grouped together (i.e. the date and place of any tag are always together. But beyond that they are all alphabetic, and adjusted for each language according to it’s translation of the tags. If you find a case where that is not true, let me know and I’ll investigate. The likelihood is that would be caused by something ‘different’ about the tags display name in your language of choice.

Most of your red tags will be included if you add them to “All individual facts” as mentioned above. Note, it is only INDI facts that can be included. None of the others (FAM, SOUR, OBJE, NOTE and REPO) can be added or used in Advanced Search.

You have included Death (date and place) unnecessarily as it is one of the core tags on that search page, so no need to put it in “additional facts as well.

I suspect you are looking for Advanced Search to be far more than it is. In reality it is extremely limited in it’s scope (only INDI records, level 1 and 2, primarily just dates and places). To change this actually requires a total rethink of the way search works, and quite possibly replacing ALL the different search types (general, phonetic, advanced, and search/replace) with something that does them all and more. However, that’s not on my todo list, and not likely to be in the foreseeable future given it’s length already.

Nigel
      My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info
      macalter
      macalter
      Participant

551 posts

I have current. It’s not in alpha order, A-Z. Maybe too, it’s a question of the order. My suggestion shows the tag first, then the “date/place or other words” — making it easier to find.

The image is based upon whatever You’ll notice the groups maybe in order but it goes from Event (no date) Divorce (no date/place) to LDS Spouse to Spouse census and onwards, maybe in order of the pairs, but not the list.

current-advance-search

Not asking for more than what it is, just easier to find what tags are there.

-----
      Kiwitrees:
      "A-D connections 3.3.1"
      PHP 7.0 Fast CGI

"The Royals 3.3.1"
      PHP 7.0 Fast CGI

Attachments:
    Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.