Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

dropbox. token, calendar.php issue, time, sidebar, burial, latest version, last change date, Favourites 3.0.0, 3.0.0 widgets, I18N, Google Maps, Add a wife, MYSQL, index, error, internal messaging, 3.1.1, contact, partner, batch update, Georgian, event, installation, version, survey, NCHI, colors, prison, json, simpl_pages, autocomplete, zend, spam, census, nickname, tab, not married, library, logout, add missing death, datatables, abbreviate, family, emigration, watermark, age, translate, 500, address, contacts, fixing errors, order, edit interface, webtrees 1.4.4.1, style, clipboard, descendants, folder, husband, xmas

Topic:   Admin functions on reduced-width screens  

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by kiwi kiwi 2 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      clandav
      clandav
      Participant

132 posts

Whilst I fully understand and totally agree with tablet and phone support taking a much lower priority than ‘normal’ screen-size usage, I suddenly realised today that I have an exposure if I leave, as planned, in two days time for a holiday for the first time without laptop, depending totally upon ‘large screen’ Lumia 1520 running Windows Phone. I did a quick test and realised that although the Home Page displayed very clearly – and was handled perfectly adequately even in portrait mode, I was unable to select ‘Administration’ . First attempt – having logged in, clicking on my name top right – yielded nothing – no response (tried several times). So I tried to go in via the widget but was unable to generate it (the reduced-size screen offered me via ‘Choose a page’ all the options except ‘widget’.. I imagine this is something which could be fixed fairly easily before the next release but, as I’m leaving in two days, is there any chance of a quick work-around Nigel??
      Best regards
      Ron

Ron in France
      kiwitrees 3.3.1; PHP 7.0.23; MySQL 5.6.37 ;

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1547 posts

Ron

You will find it better using the ‘kiwitrees’ theme.

But send me:
      a) a screen dump of the display on your Lumia
      b) what the screen size is (in pixels) is.

Is it a touch screen device?
      is it finger or stylus operated?

Nigel
      My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info
    Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.