Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

language, tabs, style, Canada, emigration, search, responsive menus, BAPM, logs, not married, 3.1, slideshow, fixing errors, getClientIp, descendants, last change date, research, access roles, menus, ID notes, installation, colors, check, order, cousin tab, colors theme, php 5.6, ID facts, age, upgrade, validation, Export/Import, users, mystyle, Require visitor authentication, locked out, save settings, white screen, redirect, clipboard, name, address, github, mobile, error, Fancy imagebar, IE11, webtrees 1.4.4.1, 3.0.0. setup, datatables, duplicates, Extra menus, person, progress, message contactform, custom text, design, event, sidebar, cousins

Topic:   Adding a source to Stories module  

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by kiwi kiwi 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author

Pablo
      Participant

2 posts

Hello everyone,

I would like to modify Stories module by adding a new field that will refer to a source table (kt_sources).
      I’ve added a new field like this:
      kiwi_1
      I can edit that field and it saves values do the table “kt_block_setting” with additional “setting_name” that contains “Source ID”
      I wonder if there is any way to add autocomplete search like in the “Add new fact – Source” page
      kiwi_2
      Have you ever done similar modifications?
      I realy appreciate your help,

Pablo

Attachments:
      kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1545 posts

Hi Pablo, welcome to our forum 🙂

That should be just a matter of adding the input field the same as you see in the “Add new fact – Source” That is:

<input type="text" id="SOUR1510253573132271" name="text[]" value="" dir="ltr" class="SOUR ui-autocomplete-input" data-autocomplete-type="SOUR" autocomplete="off"/>

The important parts is: data-autocomplete-type=”SOUR” That is all that is needed to have the autocomplete code search the sources list.

The autocomplete=”off” is optional. It prevents the browser from using its own type-ahead style of autocomplete.

Nigel
      My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info

Pablo
      Participant

2 posts

Thank You! 🙂 It works.

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1545 posts

Pablo

Can you tell us more about the way you are using the Stories module? No-one has suggested including a source reference for these before. Perhaps with an understanding of your use-case, it might be a feature others would like. In that case, I can add it permanently to the code.

Nigel
      My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info
    Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.