Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

title, Advanced search, login, blocks, 2.0, birth, IE problem, translate, statistics, edit interface, pop-ups, new feature, illegitimate, mystyle, links, slideshow, simpl_grey, session, family, transifex, advent, survey, MYSQL, lists individuals families, prefix, married, configure, internal messaging, 2.0.2, request, 3.2.0, Georgian, I18N, marriage, age, Search and replace, tab, edit, getClientIp, 1939 Register, repo, NCHI, responsive menus, cousins, re-order, themes, multiple marriages, spam, census assistant, dates, wish, search, tags, privacy, events of close relatives, backup, dead, Histo, random_media, road map

Topic:   Adding a source to Stories module  

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by kiwi kiwi 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author

Pablo
      Participant

2 posts

Hello everyone,

I would like to modify Stories module by adding a new field that will refer to a source table (kt_sources).
      I’ve added a new field like this:

I can edit that field and it saves values do the table “kt_block_setting” with additional “setting_name” that contains “Source ID”
      I wonder if there is any way to add autocomplete search like in the “Add new fact – Source” page

Have you ever done similar modifications?
      I realy appreciate your help,

Pablo

Attachments:
      kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1636 posts

Hi Pablo, welcome to our forum 🙂

That should be just a matter of adding the input field the same as you see in the “Add new fact – Source” That is:

<input type="text" id="SOUR1510253573132271" name="text[]" value="" dir="ltr" class="SOUR ui-autocomplete-input" data-autocomplete-type="SOUR" autocomplete="off"/>

The important parts is: data-autocomplete-type=”SOUR” That is all that is needed to have the autocomplete code search the sources list.

The autocomplete=”off” is optional. It prevents the browser from using its own type-ahead style of autocomplete.

Nigel
      My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info

Pablo
      Participant

2 posts

Thank You! 🙂 It works.

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1636 posts

Pablo

Can you tell us more about the way you are using the Stories module? No-one has suggested including a source reference for these before. Perhaps with an understanding of your use-case, it might be a feature others would like. In that case, I can add it permanently to the code.

Nigel
      My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info
    Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.