Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

gettext, css, progress, Google Maps, simpl_pages, login failure, Support/Bug Reporting, bug reporting, new feature, themes, MAC, nickname, MYSQL, IE problem, gender change, 1939 Register, slideshow, 3.2.0, order, Default record, pdf, shared note, logs, advanced, 3.0.0, translation, theme, simpl_grey, watermark, statistics, cousins, add missing death, sidebar, Themes change, 3.1.1, getClientIp, individual resource, roadmap, abbreviate, husband, IE11, Require visitor authentication, custom modules, custom text, margin, merge, burial, json, edit, language, descendants, family, media, I18N, googlemap, age, menus, flags, spam, resources

Topic:   Add media: title  

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by macalter macalter 3 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      macalter
      macalter
      Participant

550 posts

Any possibility of moving the TITLE field up several notches to lessen the scrolling down, and length of window?

ADD-IMAGE-TITLE-

-----
      Kiwitrees:
      "A-D connections 3.3.1"
      PHP 7.0 Fast CGI

"The Royals 3.3.1"
      PHP 7.0 Fast CGI
      mySQL server: 5.1.56
      MacOS: 10.11.6  (El Capitan)
      Browsers (mac): Safari  Version 11.0;  Firefox 56.0
      [updated: 07 Oct 2017]

Attachments:
      kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1533 posts

Sorry, but no, not unless a lot of other people come here and agree with you 🙂

I think the title is the least important of the fields there, so appropriately at the bottom. The most I would (almost) willingly change would be to move Title above Format and Type, as they do have reasonable default settings, so rarely need changing.

I want users to think properly about all the other fields BEFORE they think about the title. I can understand it might be different for a single-user site, but some of us are trying to shepherd dozens of users, many with minimal IT skills. If they were encouraged to just add a title (because its the first thing they see) I’d spend all day moving media files to the correct sub-folder / setting the right TYPE etc… Those are all extremely important on complex sites.

In the future (not this version of kiwitrees, its longer term replacement “kiwitrees-nova”) I may make the help texts less obvious (partially hidden) on narrow screens such as your image displays. That would help a bit, I’ assume.

Nigel
      My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info
      macalter
      macalter
      Participant

550 posts

I’d take that move (above Format and Type) 🙂 yes, the help text does take up space too, and most other places is found under a “?”.
      It’s the title that is required when adding existing media to another record so when it’s missing, one must go searching for it. (Probably why I have many to go through one day in my “unused” list.)

-----
      Kiwitrees:
      "A-D connections 3.3.1"
      PHP 7.0 Fast CGI

"The Royals 3.3.1"
      PHP 7.0 Fast CGI
      mySQL server: 5.1.56
      MacOS: 10.11.6  (El Capitan)
      Browsers (mac): Safari  Version 11.0;  Firefox 56.0
      [updated: 07 Oct 2017]

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.