Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

button, source, gender change, server, last change date, emigration, cousin tab, ASSO, calendar, married, HTML block, .po, fixing errors, getClientIp, census, pdf, repo, places, simpl_grey, Support/Bug Reporting, access roles, Export/Import, block, advent, media_links, help, transifex, living, Extra menus, json, event, add missing death, progress, children, colors, tools, danish, Administration, white screen, mysql5.7, calendar.php issue, birth, design, family navigator, ID facts, 1939 Register, contacts, 3.2.1, pop-ups, IE problem, surname, research tasks, language, Themes change, Require visitor authentication, set link, github, individual resource, wish, blocks

Topic:   1939 Register  

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by kiwi kiwi 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      pab
      pab
      Participant

107 posts

I am beginning to harvest information from the 1939 Register and think it should fit alongside the Census Assistant templates. Have you any plans?

Penguins Are Boss

Apache 2.4.25; MariaDB 10.1.22; PHP 7.0.18

http://bootesgowland.info

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1443 posts

No plans as such, but I have been thinking about it.

I enquired early on how people (kiwitrees users and wider genealogy circles) planned to record the 1939 register data. Sadly the answer was an even split between census and residence (CENS / RESI), so I didn’t pursue adding it as a census template within the Census Assistant framework.

However I have also been using it more since FMP added it as part of standard subscriptions and find myself wishing I had started initially recording it as CENS data, if only for the tidier transcription, and automatic lining of family members.

So now, whilst I could reasonably simply add it to CA, I will also need to consider how to convert all existing RESI tags and their associated citations etc. I would hope to be able to do this with a batch update tool.

Is that something you would need? If so, can you let me have a typical sample of your current GEDCOM data for a Register entry.

The other option might be to experiment with using the CA concept on other tags, such as RESI. That is something I want to do (it’s on the “long term” list here), but it’s a significant piece of work that I’m not even close to starting yet.

Nigel

My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.