Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

children, calendar, hover, living, burial, feedback, immigration, backup, index, gender change, xenea, dropbox. token, search, batch update, zend, person, GEDCOM, title, Favourites, edit menu, missing data, last change date, style, edit, php 7, GEDCOM errors, survey, CHR, future, pdf, redirect, family navigator, gettext, mail, lists individuals families, family fact, husband, media_links, transifex, REFN, custom text, set link, research tasks, button, mysql5.7, calendar.php issue, library, validation, language, clipboard, Add a wife, prefix, Export/Import, stories, locked out, blocks, repo, journal, design, HTML block

Topic:   1891 nit-picking  

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by kiwi kiwi 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      pab
      pab
      Participant

109 posts

Not of vital interest, but the UK 1891 census assistant has three columns for employment status. These are abbreviated to EmR, EmD, and EmN for Employer, Employed, and … errr … UnEmployed. It is not UNEMPLOYED it means NEITHER employer or employee, ie Own Account, working for themselves, annuitant, etc. Can the hover label be changed to something other than the UnEmployed tag such as Own Account, Neither. Is anyone alse bothered about this?

Penguins Are Boss

Apache 2.4.25; MariaDB 10.1.22; PHP 7.0.18

http://bootesgowland.info

kiwi
      kiwi
      Keymaster

1449 posts

Neither. Is anyone else bothered about this?

Many won’t be due to the limited international scope still of the Census Assistant, but I certainly am.

I’ve changed it to “Neither Employer nor Employed” for the next release.

As for “nit-picking” – keep ’em coming Paul. I value such attention to detail. In the case of these CA hover-tips they were always intended to be as close as reasonably possible to the headings on the original forms. It has to be “reasonably possible” only because in some cases, especially the UK 1911 the headers are extremely verbose.

EDIT: if anyone wants to check all the main US/UK/CAN census forms they are available as blank images at http://www.ancestry.co.uk/download/forms#ukcensus?cj=1&sid=census.html&o_xid=0001910906&o_lid=0001910906&o_sch=Affiliate+External

Nigel

My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.