Search
Forums
Tags

special character, login, bug sql error, MYSQL, gender change, edit menu, re-order, simpl_grey, prefix, GEDCOM errors, burial, event, title, 7.0, icons, repo, html, github, Search and replace, ASSO, 1939 Register, album, administration pages, release, sanity checker, media_links, 7.2, missing data, support, dropbox. token, 3.3.5, FAQ, census assistant, button, age, clipboard, order, 500, news module, birth, simpl_research, 3.0.0 widgets, Require visitor authentication, dates, cookie, partner, default individual, gettext, upload, ID notes, merge, menu, blocks, UID, pages, REFN, .mo, zend, defacto, contact links

Kiwitrees on Twitter
    clandav
    clandav
    Participant

122 posts

Just woke up to a message from the hosting service. Overnight they have found the reason for all the warning messages. As you surmised, Nigel, it was nothing to do with kiwitrees or my front-end modules, but to their implementation of PHP, but I’ll summarise here in case it’s of interest/help to others. Seemingly they use PHP from two different sources:
    ea-php (from cpanel) and alt-php (from cloudlinux)
    For reasons best known to them, they had set my account to use alt-php and in investigating my issue last night they have dicovered that:

… when you use alt-php there are missing modules. This is some issue with the alt-php package, which we will work with the vendor to fix …

Now they have set the account to use ea-php5.6 and the error messages have stopped. They go on to say:

We are working to get ea-php70 , ea-php71,e ea-php72 . Once that is available (within a couple of hours ) , you can try using these versions of php on your website.

So I shall try moving up to ea-php7.1 as soon as they have it available. Then I can forget about this diversion and get back to pursuing the original problem!

Ron in France
    kiwitrees 3.3.2; PHP 5.6.33; MySQL 5.0.11 ;