Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

styles, batch update, news module, image, Batch Updates, Themes change, admin, 3.2.0, margin, administration pages, installation, emigration, .po, surname, gettext, living, Export/Import, person, php 5.6, 3.2.1, index, prison, library, Favourites, 500, repo, 5.6, translation, request, time, Support/Bug Reporting, duplicates, 7.1, support, add, 2.0, husband, cookie, F.A.B., upgrade, edit interface, kiwitrees theme, 1939 Register, menu, errors, Advanced search, Administration, button, fancy tree view, latest version, slideshow, search, dropbox. token, Histo, help, fixing errors, 2.0.2, custom modules, follow, My Page

kiwi
    kiwi
    Keymaster

1636 posts

I never have a problem not agreeing, but I think this is more about a misunderstanding, possibly language related.

Let me try another explanation

The box you are referring to is the title of a person, not the title of the box. That is why, in English, I use the term “To: Genealogical support” (meaning this message will go to the person who provides support help for genealogical questions). “genealogy question” is not a person, so is not correct in this place.

If you use two different people, then there will be a second box, with the person “To: Technical support” (meaning this message will go to the person who provides support help for technical (non-genealogical questions).

If you have the same person linked to both OR, only one of the options chosen, then the title is “To: Support” (meaning this message will go to the person who provides support help for ANY questions). As I said before, you may only want a Technical support person, but users can always want both, even both are the same person.

But in fact, if you want a different result, perhaps you do not even need a custom translation. Perhaps you simply need a different translation for these three phrases into Danish and we can make that the standard text for all Danish users:

“Genealogical support”
    “Technical support”
    “Support”

Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info
    1 user thanked author for this post.