Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

colors theme, family, spam, 3.0.0 widgets, pages, advanced, MAC, kiwitrees theme, date, 1939 Register, Relationship, descendant, slideshow, cousin tab, immigration, lists individuals families, tools, themes, pdf, internal messaging, Advanced search, gettext, progress, album, help, pending, REFN, formatting, admin, message contactform, language, translation, roadmap, calendar.php issue, watermark, I18N, menus, chart, 3.3.1, HTML block, Themes change, transifex, place, folder, age, 2.0.2, F.A.B., Favourites 3.0.0, census, survey, new feature, FAQ, bug reporting, simpl_pages, notes, 500, resources, last change date, feedback, errors

Roy
    Roy
    Participant

107 posts

Nigel:

This question sent me back to look at the GEDCOM standard. It parallels my personal thought.

I consider BAPM and CHR the same event and on the occasion of a merge, convert CHR events to BAPM as my personal choice as the default event.

I treat BURI and CREM as two distinct events generally for the reason you stated. I think some religions and other traditions only allow cremation when burial or placement in a Columbarium follow. I currently report placement in a Columbarium as a burial.

Dealing with these two events, really hasn’t been a big issue for me. It is just another challenge of trying to standardize/simplify reporting how the peoples in a diverse world lived and died.

Roy