Search
Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

add_asso_facts, 3.0.0 widgets, admin, marriage, simpl_grey, beta, feedback, administration pages, news module, clippings cart, Themes change, hover, php 5.6, wish, 3.3.1, timeout, .mo, pop-ups, search, php 7, blocks, roadmap, repo, 3.3.3, GEDCOM, DSGVO, performance, spouse, colors, surname, CHR, google, Export/Import, future, 5.6, custom text, NCHI, progress, order, ID facts, xenea, dead, MAC, image, I18N, album, themes, batch update, Default record, DIV, new feature, dropbox. token, cousins, mystyle, internal messaging, tools, kiwitrees-nova, flags, research tasks, zoom

kiwi
    kiwi
    Keymaster

1656 posts

This happend to me by media uploaded by ftp and using the “unused media” where I created the Mxxx number.

That is the part I do not understand. You cannot manually create a Mxxx number.
    If a file already has an Mxxx number, then it can not be in the “unused” file list, unless either:

1. the file name is different (even one character is “different”), or
    2. the file is in a different folder, or
    3. you are “creating” the Mxxx in a different family tree.

None of these will appear as a duplicate.

If you FTP a new version of an existing file, it does not create a new one. It just replaces it.

I suspect that your assumption “ If the server says 945 files and the medialist says 946 files then there prolly is a file with 2 Mxx numbers.” is not correct. There might be another reason.

What I will do (try) is to create a temporary check tool for you that finds the one Mxxx number that is not on the server. Does this situation exist on your 7.1 test server where I can look at both the software and the server files?

That way either we will solve your particular issue (and not need a tool) or I will be wrong and I can use it to create a tool for everyone.

Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info