Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

statistics, Add a wife, latest version, MYSQL, spouse, search, inactive, repo, pages, folder, feedback, husband, person, error, contacts, Support/Bug Reporting, partner, installation, media_links, nickname, logout, reports, tab, message contactform, default individual, messaging, custom text, kiwitrees theme, click, abbreviate, .mo, transifex, check, logs, bug, set link, Relationship, lists, custom, event, slideshow, not married, data errors, research tasks, googlemap. modified, cousins, calendar, Require visitor authentication, button, charts, edit, family fact, permissions, library, Favourites, calendar.php issue, ID notes, autocomplete, date, performance

kiwi
    kiwi
    Keymaster

1533 posts

This happend to me by media uploaded by ftp and using the “unused media” where I created the Mxxx number.

That is the part I do not understand. You cannot manually create a Mxxx number.
    If a file already has an Mxxx number, then it can not be in the “unused” file list, unless either:

1. the file name is different (even one character is “different”), or
    2. the file is in a different folder, or
    3. you are “creating” the Mxxx in a different family tree.

None of these will appear as a duplicate.

If you FTP a new version of an existing file, it does not create a new one. It just replaces it.

I suspect that your assumption “ If the server says 945 files and the medialist says 946 files then there prolly is a file with 2 Mxx numbers.” is not correct. There might be another reason.

What I will do (try) is to create a temporary check tool for you that finds the one Mxxx number that is not on the server. Does this situation exist on your 7.1 test server where I can look at both the software and the server files?

That way either we will solve your particular issue (and not need a tool) or I will be wrong and I can use it to create a tool for everyone.

Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info