Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

statistics, locked out, BAPM, 2.0.2, errors, pending, burial, custom, data errors, bug, edit menu, GEDCOM, 3.2.3, save settings, blank screem, dates, Relationship, gettext, login failure, 500, CHR, dead, xmas, design, age, menu, themes, translation, contact links, calendar, tags, flags, abbreviate, slideshow, image, folder, feedback, add missing death, Administration, source, album, follow, updates, redirect, kiwitrees 2.0.2, advent, defacto, administration pages, re-order, 3.2.0, spam, webtrees 1.4.4.1, FAQ, future, 3.3.1, type, tabs, fatal error, living, sanity checker

kiwi
    kiwi
    Keymaster

1533 posts

Hopefully this is a one-off, but if consideration could be given to a message in the Clippings Cart text as i have suggested I think it would help to avoid any recurrence.

See above:

Regardless of whether this does turn out to be related to the clippings cart, I will investigate the feasibility of adding a log entry on record each time a clipping is created and downloaded, and by who.

It’s possibly over-kill, but I have done three things:

1. I have as you suggest added a sentence to the text at the head of the cart page warning of the need to keep it small, and talk to admin about larger requirements.
    2. I have set up a log entry for each time a user downloads a cart file. It gives user name, IP, time of download etc as all log entries do.
    3. I have added an email message to admins whenever a user downloads a cart file. It just gives user name and the statement that they downloaded a cart file. This will be on by default, but admins will be able to turn it off if preferred (admin user settings)
    Nigel
    My personal kiwitrees site is www.our-families.info