Search
Forums
Kiwitrees on Twitter
    Tags

fixing errors, Themes change, 7.0, DIV, mobile, style, 3.1, 3.3.0, DSGVO, event, Advanced search, census assistant, marriage, sanity checker, css, bug reporting, getClientIp, kiwitrees theme, simpl_grey, Histo, image, prison, order, IE problem, 7.2, data errors, road map, google, formatting, partner, white screen, performance, stories, advent, cousins, styles, release, research tasks, resources, zoom, repo, editor, save settings, xmas, version, nickname, family facts, IE11, login upgrade, gender change, married, translation, .po, emigration, random_media, dropbox. token, kiwitrees 2.0.2, autocomplete, installation, googlemap. modified

macalter
    macalter
    Participant

466 posts

I wasn’t looking at the GEDCOM date, it’s the Facts and Events tab, view where the *undated* marriage is before the birth (1860).

The dates aren’t from Ancestry, they’re from the family member of that branch that did extensive genealogy and then wrote a book. Not always accurate, but a starting point. It wasn’t uncommon to marry and have kids before 16, so it’s hard to say. To find birth/marriage/death records won’t be attempted until sometime next year. (When I can access the Archives via transit.)

I didn’t catch the mother’s birth being too close to her first child (1870).

However, still don’t understand how the birth, if it had been 1860, came before the marriage, undated.

-----
    [updated: 01 Apr 2018]
    MacOS: 10.11.6  (El Capitan)
    Safari  11.1;  Firefox 59.0.2

PHP 7.1 Fast CGI
    mySQL server: 5.1.56

Kiwitrees:
    "The Royals 3.3.3 (03)" <royals.rbcsolutions.ca>

"Rebbes of Ger 3.3.3 (03)" <private>

"Uncle Ummie's Journal 3.3.3 (03)" <private>